Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Goals and non-food rewards

Ladybug_Karen
Ladybug_Karen Posts: 123 Member
My clinic recommends to give yourself 20-25lb goals and give yourself non-food rewards. Goals,I got them. Non-food rewards... I have some ideas but this is something I'm totally new at. I've always celebrated milestones, goals, promotions, birthdays, etc with huge gobs of restaurant foods. Happy birthday! Let's go out to eat! Congrats on the promotion!... PF Changs, here we come! You get the picture. :) so, tell me.... What are your goals in weight loss and rewards? Here are some of mine:

321 - start weight
302.8 - current weight
300 - learn to play guitar (this was already in the works and timing is just about right for this first goal)
275 - new walking shoes
250 - ?? (Maybe few new clothes)
225 - ??
200 - ??
175 - ??
165 - goal - ??

Replies

• yellowdaisy3321
    yellowdaisy3321 Posts: 107 Member
    I don't really give myself rewards other than new clothes, but that's probably more of a necessity at this point. We are also encouraged to do non food rewards.

I've come up with pedicures, facial, massage, spa day. I think I am do for the spa day since I am almost done. My big reward for finishing is that my husband and I will go on a tropical vacation, since we're in CA probably somewhere like Riviera Maya since it's pretty affordable and easy to get to.
  • JoyD824
    JoyD824 Posts: 36 Member
    Non food rewards for me are flowers, clothes or putting a set amount of money in a separate account so I can go on a trip.

Another goal reward could be a piece of jewelry.
  • Wonderwomantam
    Wonderwomantam Posts: 40 Member
    My clinic recommends to give yourself 20-25lb goals and give yourself non-food rewards. Goals,I got them. Non-food rewards...

Good idea, Karen. I will come up with some them post them! How fun! :wink:
  • Wonderwomantam
    Wonderwomantam Posts: 40 Member
    Okay. Here are my goals. I am down to my last 16 lbs before I hit goal.

149 lbs - Finally in the 40's!! - :love: I will cash in a gift certificate someone gave me to get my nails done (I have NEVER had my nails done before!)

139 lbs - Finally in the 30's!! - :glasses: I will cash in a gift card someone gave to me for a massage (Again, I have never done this either!)

135 lbs - GOAL!! :drinker: A beautiful swimsuit! All of my swimsuits FOR YEARS have looked like "old-lady" swimsuits. And hopefully, if I keep going at this pace, this will be the week I spend on vacation with my family.