Feeling rough

Options
melissasue0317
melissasue0317 Posts: 338 Member
Last week, I was super motivated to work out more and eat great. I accomplished both and maybe worked out too much for my current activity level...I was/am so sore that I can barely walk lol. I try to go to a local fitness group when I can to do classes but they have started a 10 min. daily workout challenge, it started 6 days ago (today is 6th day and I WILL do this later). I completed 3 days.....

Then Saturday came along. I thought, heck yea I got this. I attempted to do Tae Bo off youtube at home after doing the 10 min. circuit challenge. I ONLY MADE IT 10 minutes!! Then I went to a birthday party where my kids were able to run wild :) This was so much fun for them and for me. They ran and played for probably a good active hour or close to it. I chased them, swung them, picked them up, bounced them on trampoline floors. Lucky little turds were asleep within 2 minutes of driving home and napped for a hour haha.

Sunday-my husband was actually off of work so we took the babies to swim. 30min-1 hour of "swimming" which was really cleaning the bottom of my mom's pool and pushing/pulling the babies around...

Now all I want to do is eat and sleep and not move. This mood is currently winning. I am pretty sure I will be up in weight tomorrow for my weigh in but truly feel as though my activity level this week is encouraging though exhausting.

Replies

• KaelaLee88
    KaelaLee88 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I understand completely!

All I feel like doing is sleeping right now, I feel totally exhausted!

We went on a lot of walks at the weekend but we ate terribly and I don't think that I can face any more exercise, I struggled to keep my eyes open at work this morning :(

I hope and pray it's just a rough week but it's getting me down.

I hope you start feeling better soon, just a bit worn out!

Kaela x
  • PatrickB_87
    PatrickB_87 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    You can't push yourself in your exercise to the point your in so much pain or discomfort afterwards that you can't workout the next day. It's the easiest way to kill any motivation to get back to it, why would you if it means hurting yourself. I did this with walking and refusing to wear the right shoes. I was go so far so long my feet were killing me and I just didn't want to walk (all the skin on the bottom of my feet is still in the process of coming off because of the number of large blisters i got).

You have to treat yourself right and give yourself time to recover. Have two days a week of recovery time is not being lazy, its giving you what your body needs.

Identify where you went wrong and remember what you enjoyed about those workouts so you don't become bitter or dissatisfied with them. Don't forget to warm up before and after and give yourself time to recover, maybe also get a stick or foam roller for rolling your sore muscles (its a bit painful but works wonders on soar legs and thighs).
  • julieworley376
    julieworley376 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I would have to agree with RatPat and I am sorry I didn't reply sooner, I missed this Melissa. When I was so low because everything hurt so bad last week my husband and my WW leader said maybe I should do a little and leave a day in between to recover. That seems so ridiculous, I mean, 10 minutes walk and take a day off? But the thing is your body can only do what it can do. And there is no point in pushing yourself if it ends up meaning you can't do anything. Like me thinking I was being all clever doing ballet at 280lbs.. it was stupid.. I ended up with an injury and over a year later I still haven't gone back and I am heavier!

Rest, recover, restart. As many times as you need to.
  • melissasue0317
    Options
    I did realize that I needed more rest, I did not complete my daily challenge yesterday :(. But it'll happen sometime.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Why do we expect so much out of ourselves, especially after the way we've treated ourselves for years? It isn't like when I spent years mostly sedentary that I could get up off the couch and immediately run a marathon. Yet, knowing that, I still struggle when I can't do things I want to be able to do. I know that I for one really struggle with how long it takes to work up to a goal. I want it all, and I want it now, by golly. We can sit and tell everyone else that they have to build up to things, taking time off is wise and helpful for overall health, and all of those kind of things, but we never apply those things to ourselves - or allow ourselves the freedom of reality - that building anything worthwhile takes time to make a solid foundation? So mindboggling to me. Whenever I get together enough determination to actually set foot toward my goals, I want immediate gratification - and very quickly burn out when progress is less than hasty. Wow. I hadn't realized all that until I wrote it.

So, please don't hurt yourself or push yourself to the point you can't continue. Work up slowly - and despite the fact that it is frustrating, take that frustration and determination, and apply it to another factor...channel yourself for best accomplishments... (hugs)
  • melissasue0317
    Options
    Weight stayed the same this week! WOOHOO, great news considering the excess of junk or bad food I have had the last few days :)