Calories Burned

Options
wolf1154
wolf1154 Posts: 5 Member
Hey guys,

I'm just starting T25. Damn - the first two days kicked my *kitten*, but I'm not stopping til my jeans are falling off my skinny white *kitten*! haha!!!

Does anyone know how many calories you burn in a 25 minute T25 workout? I've been searching online and have seen numbers between 160 and 600. My guess is it's around 325 (me: Male, 5'10", 190)

any good or bad reviews on their supplements?

Replies

• eganita
    eganita Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Hi!

As you mentioned, it depends on a lot of factors such as weight, heart rate, intensity, etc. You could try using a heart rate monitor if you'd like an estimate, though I've read they are most accurate for steady state cardio. With T25 there is some mix of high intensity/lower intensity, so I'm not sure if a HRM will be 100% accurate. I would say based on what you posted about your stats, that may be a reasonable estimate, but again, it's hard to say.

I've personally switched to using the TDEE method to determine how many calories I eat per day: http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

I just put in my activity level (# of hours working out each week) as well as my goals and stats. And then it spits out a calorie amount to eat each day. The TDEE number already takes into account your average activity level, so you do not eat back exercise calories using this method (With TDEE you eat the same amount every day). I just find it easier to use the TDEE rather than trying to estimate my calorie burn every day I work out. It seems to be working pretty well for me so far. Of course, everyone is different and may prefer different methods :)

I have no personal experience with the supplements, but I've heard some positive information second-hand. I know a lot of people on the forums here seem to think they are too expensive for what you get, though.