Updates

Options
Here you can give your updates and offer support to others. Some questions that may help you:

- are you successfully avoiding your junk foods?
- what are you eating now instead of junk food?
- when you do find it hard to avoid junk food? And when easy?
- do you experience benefits, like weight loss, more energy, better health? You may even save money!
- can we do anything to support you?

Feel free to choose which questions are relevant to you and share other stories 'n facts!

Replies

• cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,437 Member
    Options
    06/01 -- successfully avoided junk/trigger foods today!

Chris
  • Valrotha
    Valrotha Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Day 2-so far so good! Had a good workout today, so I don't want to ruin it.

Hope everyone else is doing well.
  • cpanus
    Options
    06/02 -- no trigger foods!

Chris
  • slacker75
    slacker75 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    6-2...successfully avoided concession stand food at the ballgame and ate my protein bar and even avoided the stop for a slice of pizza nd pop after

6-3... successful again (no baseball game to tempt me to fall off course)

6-4 ... another baseball game tonight with plans for chicken wings after and I will order the grilled chicken salad instead (at least - thats my plan).

...if you couldn't tell - my trigger foods (i love fried foods, burgers, hotdogs, pizza) - are especially hard to avoid when i'm short on time and my son has a game. it's a long month of games and i was successful for 1 so far and only have 14 more to go.
  • cpanus
    Options
    Slacker75 -- Good luck at the ball games!

06/03 -- no trigger foods!
    06/04 -- no trigger foods!

Chris
  • slacker75
    slacker75 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    6/5 - after 4 bottled waters - i successfully avoided all trigger foods at the ball game, which was especially hard when I served it for 2.5 hours. :)

~ Sandy
  • Valrotha
    Options
    Doing well so far. No soda since last week.

-James
  • cpanus
    Options
    Sandy - Great job!

James - you too!!

06/03 -- no trigger foods!
    06/04 -- no trigger foods!
    06/05 -- no trigger foods!

Chris
  • margeritte07
    Options
    I have not had junk food since Friday..........I have an addiction for chips & pop..............I have to find alternatives that are healthier but mimics chips & pop............ So as to not feel deprived..........I'm goin g to challenge myself to not eat anymore chips -pop-candies-chocolates for a month & see how it goes..........
  • donniesaurous
    donniesaurous Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Had a good day, with good exercise and lots of healthy choices... but for the last 3 hours all I can think of is chocolate!!

What to do when you can't substitute what you're after but are trying so hard to not give in...
  • Valrotha
    Options
    Had a cheat meal last Monday, which included Dr. Pepper, and which shot me WAY over my calorie goal for the day. Overall, though, one bad day this month so far is a major improvement.

Had my weekly weigh-in with my Herbalife wellness coach and mentor. Lost 3lbs and 1.5% body fat. Gained .5lb of lean muscle. Was hoping for more, but that's progress towards my goal of 185 by the end of the month.

How is everyone else doing?
  • Chauncy2012
    Chauncy2012 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Doing great with avoiding the hamburgers and french vanilla latte's. However, could not say no to the lemon merague pie yesterday. Oh well, tasted great and now I move on.:smile:
  • Valrotha
    Options
    Complete Death Star level explosion yesterday. Was affraid to log the calories for fear of having to be committed to a mental institution. Back on my normal routine today.

Oddly enough, I woke up feeling really good, with lots of energy. Maybe I'm not getting enough calories and need to up my intake a bit to balance things out. Felt pretty lethargic the couple of days before yesterday.
  • Valrotha
    Options
    Finally tally for June:

Overall I did pretty well. Best effort so far this year. Only had a handful of days throughout the entire month where I took soda (yes, *took* soda like it's meth or something-lol). Had good results for the month, 9lbs lost and down 2% body fat. Really looking forward to continuing this into July.

Hope everyone else did well, too!