The Wil Wheaton Project

Options
ParamoreAddict
ParamoreAddict Posts: 839 Member
Anybody catch the premiere of it on the SyFy Channel? It was pretty frakkin awesome! But then again, so was Alphas...ouch.

Replies

• timetravelforfitness
    timetravelforfitness Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I liked it. There were parts that were "meh." And the second episode more so, but I think if he gets going they'll iron out. Honestly, I've been in love with him since I was a ittle bittle watching TNG with my dad.

And Alphas was so awesome...
  • MVH26
    MVH26 Posts: 13
    Options
    its very much "The Soup" but for geeks.

I laughed, and we quoted the "Neil Degrasse Tyson high" all week..

"can .... you ..... see.... me???""
  • 303enfield
    303enfield Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    i missed it when is it on again
  • Arthemise1
    Arthemise1 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    In the first episode, they were trying too hard for a laugh and had very little sci-fi news. The second episode had more meat, and I liked it a lot better. Plus, Felicia Day!
  • ParamoreAddict
    ParamoreAddict Posts: 839 Member
    Options

It comes on Tuesdays at 10pm on the SyFy channel.
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Because of him, I'm now hooked on Salem...LOL
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I loved it. I think he needs to balance it out and he will. Of course I think he is so very awesome :) we met him at a very small Con in NY and he chatted with my daughter for 10 minutes. I got all shy, which is what I do, but he was friendly and nice and smiled. It was really great.
  • AndyRogan
    AndyRogan Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    We tried to watch to watch it, but it must be American humour as we didn't find it that funny.
    Lots of canned laughter, and bad scripting
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Wil posted on his personal blog that the time was changing to an hour earlier (10 pm to 9 pm). I know it also re-runs at different times and days. I haven't been able to watch it because I don't have cable, but I might try to catch it online on my phone at some point. I've loved reading about all the prep behind it, though, so in a way, I already love it!
  • Jess__I__Can
    Jess__I__Can Posts: 307 Member
    Options

It comes on Tuesdays at 10pm on the SyFy channel.

Setting my DVR now.
  • MzOnree
    MzOnree Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I forgot about the Wil Wheaton Project. I must admit...I never knew who this was until I got hooked on the Big Bang Theory. I think I'm slowly becoming a geek! Better late than never! ;o) I'm going to try and watch the show. So glad I saw your topic...thanks!
  • constellation709
    constellation709 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I saw the first ep. on YouTube. Looking forward to watching more, but I wasn't completely blown away.
  • JoJoVan96
    JoJoVan96 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    It's gotten better with time...I think they were definitely trying too hard to be funny in the beginning. Plus it seems that his nerves may have gotten to him a bit at the start. Definitely much better a few episodes in!!