Oh Sugar!!!!!!!!! 5/29

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,234 Member
Ok, did anyone's mother used to say that instead of _____!!!!! LOL!!!!!! Well, Oh SUGAR and read this! How do you feel about sugar and what do you want to change as far as your attitude or how you eat it?
This is a very important challenge because sugar has a huge impact on our diets and health!!!!!!

www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/19/healthy-sugar-sugars_n_5315969.html?utm_hp_ref=tw&utm_content=buffer3aba8&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

WW

Replies

• WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    I think that just like everything else it needs to be handled in moderation, it's a fact of life that it's in pretty much everything we eat in some way shape or form. I'm not giving up fruit just because it contains sugar, fruit has other beneficial parts to it as well.
  • TruckersWifeTruckersLife
    Options
    I cut out sugar in my coffee weeks ago and now if I have something with sugar or I make something like apple pie which has just been recently I find my body doesn't like it as it is an overload and get a headache until I get rid of all that extra sugar out of my system. I am just learning this now with the extra sugar my body doesn't need so its a learning process and me to try and stop my baking which is hard as my family has put up with a lot of my changes so I don't want to stop my baking for them they should still be able to have that and me I got to try and stay away from it
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    You can cut down on the sugar in a lot of baking recipes and discover its just as good. I bet the family wouldn't notice a cup here or there that is missing. I use to do that - reduced all my cookes to half cups of sugars rather than full cups. The kids didn't notice the difference and neither did I. Now I don't bake at all. The only recipe I've never changed is my grandma's pound cake but I only make that once a year for my birthday and it freezes very well.
  • Auna37
    Auna37 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I have been slowly cutting sugar out, but I know it will be near impossible to cut it all out. Sugar is fine in moderation but as the others said "It is in almost everything in some way" Only way to avoid it is to read those labels and look for the dreaded -cose! Yet, even then if you want to eat fruit, there is sugars in them. So I don't truly see the point in trying to cut them out completely.
  • mohesser
    mohesser Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Being a pastry chef, sugar is my second favorite food group, right behind butter. Working with it so much, I'm very content feeding it to others and keeping it out of my kitchen,