Perhaps the hardest question ever posed

Options
DoctahJenn
DoctahJenn Posts: 616 Member
Pick one - Just ONE! - favorite quote from Doctor Who. One line, one short exchange between characters.... just one thing that you love remembering above all others that for you embodies why Doctor Who is such a great show. If you can find it in an image, even better!

Replies

• JuliRamone
    JuliRamone Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Stories-l.jpg
  • mcneilnomore
    mcneilnomore Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    "I'm the Doctor"
  • kmorgan221
    kmorgan221 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Just one!? I have two that define Matt Smith's doctor for me, but I'll just give you one.

"No, HUMAN gets to talk to me today!"

That's the moment he sold me as The Doctor.
  • CrusherKun
    CrusherKun Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Pick one - Just ONE! - favorite quote from Doctor Who. One line, one short exchange between characters.... just one thing that you love remembering above all others that for you embodies why Doctor Who is such a great show. If you can find it in an image, even better!

When 10 was in the gas mask and looked right at the Army commander without missing a beat "Are you my Mummy"!
  • TheDoctorDonna10
    Options
    Whenever i'm having a bad day or just feeling down I think of this & I always feel better. For someone who's lived through what I have that's huge & I remember it often thanks to the Doctor!

sticker,375x360.u1.png
  • jonward85
    jonward85 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    The Doctor: What the hell are you here for?
    Dalek: I am waiting for orders.
    The Doctor: What does that mean?
    Dalek: I am a soldier. I was bred to receive orders.
    The Doctor: Well you're never gonna get them. Not ever.
    Dalek: I demand orders!
    The Doctor: They're never gonna come! Your race is dead. You all burned—all of you. Ten million ships on fire. The entire Dalek race, wiped out in one second.
    Dalek: You lie!
    The Doctor: I watched it happen. I made it happen.
    Dalek: You destroyed us?
    The Doctor: I had no choice.
    Dalek: And what of the Time Lords?
    The Doctor: Dead. They burned with you. The end of the last great Time War. Everyone lost.
    Dalek: And the coward survived.
  • JenD1066
    JenD1066 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    First to come to mind-
    "I'm the Doctor. And I just snogged Madame de Pompadour."
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    The last episode with David Tennant. I don't remember the exact words, but the Doctor was talking to Wilf about being a Time Lord.

Wilf: We must look like ants to you.

Doctor: I think you look like giants.

(Or something like that ... feel free to correct misquote)
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Captain Jack Harkness: [to a refugee] Captain Jack Harkness. And who are you?
    The Doctor: Stop it!

And all the various versions of this exchange :)
  • MrsMigginsPieShoppe
    Options
    Tom Baker

You may be A doctor.
    But I'm The Doctor.
    The definite article, you might say.
  • hekate89
    hekate89 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    This isn't really that short, but it is one of my favourite:

Amy in The Girl Who Waited:
    "You know when sometimes you meet someone so beautiful — and then you actually talk to them and five minutes later they're as dull as a brick; but then there's other people. And you meet them and you think, "Not bad, they're okay," and when you get to know them ... their face just, sort of, becomes them, like their personality's written all over it, and they just — they turn into something so beautiful. Rory's the most beautiful man I've ever met".

I absolutely love this!
  • shirerose
    shirerose Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    "The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad, but vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant." From "Vincent and the Doctor"

I had a painting made of this quote to put up at our wedding. My husbands mother died 2 months before we got married... and this was a reminder that no matter how much we ached for her to be there... it was still an amazing and wonderful moment.
  • shirerose
    shirerose Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    This isn't really that short, but it is one of my favourite:

Amy in The Girl Who Waited:
    "You know when sometimes you meet someone so beautiful — and then you actually talk to them and five minutes later they're as dull as a brick; but then there's other people. And you meet them and you think, "Not bad, they're okay," and when you get to know them ... their face just, sort of, becomes them, like their personality's written all over it, and they just — they turn into something so beautiful. Rory's the most beautiful man I've ever met".

I absolutely love this!

that is my all time favorite episode. brings me to tears every time. :)
  • MaryLouRoyal
    MaryLouRoyal Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    "It goes 'ding' when there's stuff."

Because this is so me at work and grad school right now.
  • AbsolutelyAnnie
    AbsolutelyAnnie Posts: 2,695 Member
    Options
    "Do what I do: hold on tight and pretend it's a plan."

ETA: Because this is so me, all the time.
  • adlace
    adlace Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    It was way back at the beginning of the new series. 9 explaining to Rose how his mind was full of the universe, the whirling of time and space-- it was full of wonder and anger (lonely and angry god). It totally redefined the Doctor in a good way. Made him "darkly Doctor"

My first Doctor was goofy Tom Baker. Loved it but it was a different kind of story. Gallifrey still existed, even if they were a bunch of space ponces that exiled the Doctor to only travel earth's time line in the Jon Pertwee days. The Doctor was basically AWOL, running from whatever government philosophy or high Timelord duty he was to supposed embrace.

Still not sure what happened after the Peter Davison days in regards to the story. My Whovian lore is lacking.about the Time War and the Doctor's tragic part in it, but it seems that the Doctor in the new series is much older, and a little more powder keg. 9 did an excellent job of bringing the Doctor back to us all.
  • xenoa
    xenoa Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Always loved this for some reason:

lifedoc.jpg
  • cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    First one comes to mind

"Ragged man, goodbye"

The picked this mainly because of the whole scene, there are many great quotes most of them involing Wilf and Tennatt, but that qoute in that scene just kills me every time.
  • aimeemarie150
    aimeemarie150 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    doctorlibrary.jpg
  • Smurfette4eva
    Smurfette4eva Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    The Ninth Doctor

The Doctor: Do you know like we were saying? About the Earth revolving? It's like when you're a kid. The first time they tell you that the world is turning and you just can't believe it because everything looks like its standing still. I can feel it. (he grabs her hand) The turn of the Earth. The ground beneath our feet spinning a thousand miles an hour. And the entire earth spinning around the sun at 67,000 miles an hour and I can feel it. We're falling through space, you and me. Clinging to the skin of this tiny little world and we let go... (let's go of her hand) that's who I am.
    Now forget me, Rose Tyler. Go home.