21 day fix

missylectro
missylectro Posts: 448 Member
I am on day 17 of the 21 day fix. So far I haven't had that great of results and think they promise results too much... Anyways, on the other side I think it's a great alternative to calorie counting, I prefer to it calorie counting.

Any tips on how to get better results? I follow the exercise and diet plan 95%.

Replies

• SkinnyMomma02
    SkinnyMomma02 Posts: 79 Member
    How did you do your meal plans Im having trouble getting into it...
  • jkwpdx
    jkwpdx Posts: 29 Member
    17 days in, from the picture, there is visible change to your body. I don't understand the not counting calories part, it is a big component of MFP, what, when and how much you eat is keep to the balance between physical fitness and nutrition.
  • missylectro
    How did you do your meal plans Im having trouble getting into it...
    I plan a day in advance. Some people plan a whole week in advance. It's up to you.
  • missylectro
    17 days in, from the picture, there is visible change to your body. I don't understand the not counting calories part, it is a big component of MFP, what, when and how much you eat is keep to the balance between physical fitness and nutrition.
    The picture is before the 21 day fix. It took me 7 months to lose 40 pounds.

I am not counting calories because the 21 day fix does not require counting calories.
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    How well did you follow the program?

You need to put in the work to get the results.
  • You definitely need to follow the program as closely as possible to get the type of results you might be looking for.

I got discouraged with my fix around day 14 or so because the scale wasn't moving much. In the end for me it was all about losing inches and I didn't lose much weight as I toned up. Give it time. With hard work you'll get results with the fix.
  • mamiarellano
    mamiarellano Posts: 19 Member
    I was having issues with the program only because I've never meal prepped before so it is a BIG change. First round...first attempt at round one, I lost 6 lbs in 10 days and then after the 21 Days were up, overall, it was only 2 lbs lost. Calorie counting though, is helpful with this program, I think. Seemed when I WAS counting with the containers and using the food scale, I was only getting 800 calories here and there depending on what I ate....I'm needing 1476 calories to lose the weight.

This time around, my 2nd/3rd ish attempt at the 21DF, I'm 4 lbs down in my 2nd week...I'm blaming stress holding onto certain areas, but overall, I'm loving the workouts whether I'm getting changes or not. Every little bit counts at least. That's a plus, right?
  • rjdunn87
    rjdunn87 Posts: 385 Member
    I haven't done the entire program yet but I did it for 7 days and lost 3.4 pounds--that was with one day where I pretty much totally blew off the nutrition as well. I was doing doubles with the workouts because I've been working out for awhile and felt like I could handle it… that might be something to try?

I've also watched a few chats with Autumn and she's said that for people that do multiple rounds, sometimes it isn't until the second or third round that they really see the weight drop but other rounds it's just inches. Everyone's body responds differently. :) You said you were following it 95%, what was that other 5%?
  • missylectro
    I haven't done the entire program yet but I did it for 7 days and lost 3.4 pounds--that was with one day where I pretty much totally blew off the nutrition as well. I was doing doubles with the workouts because I've been working out for awhile and felt like I could handle it… that might be something to try?

I've also watched a few chats with Autumn and she's said that for people that do multiple rounds, sometimes it isn't until the second or third round that they really see the weight drop but other rounds it's just inches. Everyone's body responds differently. :) You said you were following it 95%, what was that other 5%?
    I didn't always make my food according to the containers. My mom makes awesome soups for example and I used a lot of approximation to figure out how many containers I would eat... That's just one example.