Here we go!

Options
Welcome! I am super excited to begin this journey! I hope you are, too!:flowerforyou:

Take a second to introduce yourself below!

Replies

• GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,382 Member
    Options
    Just a quick note before. Heading out the door : I'm Jackie from Las Vegas, I have 3 kids and my adorable little grandson, Joey! My He's kind of the reason I joined MFP, 3 years ago! My weight was 218 and I was wearing a size 18/20 pants. Now, I'm at 129.6 and wearing a size 6 pants! Its's been a wonderful 3 years, meeting all my peeps on MFP.

I came to realize this isn't a diet but a changing my life style! My NEW journey on MFP is maintenance and it's been a couple months now! I also have became a runner which includes LOTS of 5k runs! My morning runs which is usually 5 miles gets my day start, :drinker: :drinker: !

Good luck with your journey on MFP!

Jackie

exercise.png
  • salmayk
    salmayk Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Salma, I live in Lebanon (yes.. where George Clooney's fiancee is from :) )
    I joined MFP ages ago but have been on and off my walking and diet program. I never joined any groups or posted before, but I am hoping that by doing so, I will get the umph to lick my weight issue for good this time. When I am on the straight and narrow, I walk 5 Kms in around an hour every morning (around 3 miles) during work days (5 days a week) but take a break over the weekend.
    Let's see if I can stick to it this time. I start again on Monday morning. Wish me luck.
  • mavanscoy
    mavanscoy Posts: 17
    Options
    Hello I am Maureen from Ohio .. Mother of 3 and grandmother of 5.. I have just started walking every morning before work about a mile and then I walk 30 minutes on my breaks . I really enjoy walking and listen to books on my phone as I walk .. I don't walk weekends unless its shopping or yard work . I just need to put on the pentameter and log it . good look everyone on this journey of a walk we are taken together .
  • antrobin
    antrobin Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Well I am off to travel the world....funny because I am such a homebody that my sister jokes that I seldom cross the county line (this is true.) I live in Oregon and will begin my journey to the east.
  • dankas001
    dankas001 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    hello xx im kate my walking is the best way to be fit for me I have a wee Lhasa apso called rocco who is going to travel around the world with me as well as walking him 3 x 25 mins a day I will be brisk walking minimum 45 minutes a day ill check in with mileage tomorrow good luck kate & rocco xx
  • mabybaby89
    mabybaby89 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hello, everyone! I'm Rebecca. I'm a college senior going on my last year for a degree in anthropology and religious studies. The past 4 years or so have been pretty stressful, for a variety of reasons, and due to stress overeating/not watching what I ate I went from a a solid 125lbs to 165lbs. Earlier this year I decided to stop my 10 year streak of vegetarianism (for unrelated reasons) and gained an additional 15 lbs (I highly suspect from not being used to regulating portion amounts and whatnot). Anyway, I found myself at 180lbs recently and, well, that just won't do!

I've recently taken up walking on my own and with our new-ish puppy (his name is Riley and he's a German Shepard/Husky/Wolf mix). There's a nice walkway near my house around a river that's a good mile and a half or so that I like to take. I've also been trying to bike to work (25 minutes away by bike) 3 days a week. So far so good, 6lbs down!
  • surtac
    surtac Posts: 8
    Options
    Hey

A little about myself,

I'm Kai from Yorkshire. I am currently 37 years old. I weigh 15st 10lbs at the moment at my height 5ft 7 this is to heavy according to the NHS BMI scale. My goal weight is to be around 12st. In the past I've tried to diet by calorie counting and follow an exercise routine (Cycling and circuit training) but have only managed to maintain my current weight. although i have improved in fitness and strength enormously in the process. I find calorie counting hard to balance with the exercise I've done and find i actually over eat. This has lead me here to MFP to seek advice, motivation, and the tools to realistically and safely achieve what i set out to do.

So why am i here in this group?

To be inspired and hopefully inspire! I started cycling about a year and half ago as part of my fitness routine and rediscovered the fun i had as a child doing it. I love biking now and try (TRY!) to cycle 4 to 5 times a week usually around 30 to 40 miles per trip out when time allows. Every 2 weeks i try to ride 60 to 70 miles on a single trip out. Cycling is a great exercise (Potentially burning around 50 kcals a mile) which can be less stressful to our bodies than other forms of exercise i.e. running. So i am here to log miles cycling! The miles we achieve here will hopefully inspire each of us to keep at it!