Options
1013carl
1013carl Posts: 376 Member
This is a non-specific topic for general discussions…. Enjoy! :drinker:

Replies

• 1013carl
    Options
    I just wanted to provide a general "Hello to Everyone" joining this months group!

To my friends that are thanking me for setting this up...not only are you welcome, but it's all of you that made me want to move what we had forward.... applaud yourselves!

BTW, This is a fresh start for ALL....
    No dwelling on last month if you fell short of losing 10.... If you lost weight, YOU DID GOOD! :flowerforyou:

Again, Welcome Everyone.... make some friends and get busy!

Carl -
  • 1013carl
    Options
    This blows me away!

24 hours after I created this new group 80 members have joined!

Woot, Woot!

Carl -
  • antrobin
    antrobin Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I bought a Fitbit a month ago when it was offered as part of the wellness plan at work. I started measuring my steps and as I increased my steps I also increased my weight. I thought I was more active and (over)indulged in sweets. Well that lead me to myfitness pal where it is easy to log food. I love the report that I now get that shows the difference in calories burned vs consumed. I lost 1 pound in the first week on this. I used to deny that I am competitive but I am, I would rather compete against my stats while in the company of friends. Here I am, joining new friends.
  • 1013carl
    Options
    I've gotten a couple request to start a few more topics..
    First off, anyone is welcome to do this... This is your Site and Group, not mine.

If you are unsure and want me to do it or help you out, just let me know.

Later today I'll be starting these topics so help others in the group by contributing!

- Share your tips and strategies - that they use consistently and that work for them
    - Motivation for exercising
    - Getting those 8 glasses of water daily
    - Dealing with challenging food environments

Carl -
  • 1013carl
    Options
    This blows me away!

24 hours after I created this new group 80 members have joined!

Woot, Woot!

Carl -

Update:
    Now just at 48 hours old our current membership has grown to 125 members!
  • 1013carl
    Options
    Today is a good day!

Nice surprise this morning when I stopped by the scale... 195.9
    My first GW of losing 10lbs happened today...and that is 39 days after joining MFP.....

(My SW was 206)

Happy, Happy, Happy! :happy:

Carl -
  • ketowerdefense
    ketowerdefense Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Today is a good day!

My first GW of losing 10lbs happened today...and that is 39 days after joining MFP.....

(My SW was 206)

Carl -

Congrats on your success, Carl! You've been such a great motivator to so many on here, it's great to see you achieving your goals in turn!
  • Smirnoff65
    Smirnoff65 Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    God v Satan

In the beginning God covered the earth with broccoli, cauliflower and spinach, with green, yellow and red vegetables of all kinds so Man and Woman would live long and healthy lives.

Then using God's bountiful gifts, Satan created Dairy Ice Cream and Magnums.
    And Satan said, 'You want hot fudge with that? And Man said, 'Yes!' And Woman said, 'I'll have one too with chocolate chips'. And lo they gained 10 pounds.

And God created the healthy yoghurt that woman might keep the figure that man found so fair.

And Satan brought forth white flour from the wheat and sugar from the cane and combined them. And Woman went from size 12 to size 14.
    So God said, 'Try my fresh green salad'.

And Satan presented Blue Cheese dressing and garlic croutons on the side. And Man and Woman unfastened their belts following the repast.

God then said 'I have sent you healthy vegetables and olive oil in which to cook them'.

And Satan brought forth deep fried coconut king prawns, butter-dipped lobster chunks and chicken fried steak, so big it needed its own platter, and Man's cholesterol went through the roof.

Then God brought forth the potato; naturally low in fat and brimming with potassium and good nutrition.

Then Satan peeled off the healthy skin and sliced the starchy centre into chips and deep-fried them in animal fats adding copious quantities of salt.
    And Man put on more pounds.

God then brought forth running shoes so that his Children might lose those extra pounds.

And Satan came forth with a cable TV with remote control so Man would not have to toil changing the channels. And Man and Woman laughed and cried before the flickering light and started wearing stretch jogging suits.

Then God gave lean beef so that Man might consume fewer calories and still satisfy his appetite.

And Satan created McDonalds and the 99p double cheeseburger. Then Satan said 'You want fries with that?' and Man replied, 'Yes, and super size 'em'. And Satan said, 'It is good.' And Man and Woman went into cardiac arrest.

God sighed ......... and created quadruple by-pass surgery.

And then ............ Satan chuckled and created the National Health Service.
  • robster160
    robster160 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Today is a good day!

(My SW was 206)

Carl -

Way to go!
  • skeet67
    skeet67 Posts: 21
    Options
    'Great job Carl!
  • hirstrl
    hirstrl Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    smirnoff...That was a great story!! :smile:
  • aseymour13
    aseymour13 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Yay Carl!

Smirnoff - Love it! I still need my second cup of coffee btw but that was a good chuckle to start the day!

Yesterday was a rest day but plan a good ride after work since its not too hot. The stopped doing early bird parking in my building (if you live in one of the major metro areas, you completely understand this) - so I'm heading out to do a little recon for a better place to park when I drive so will get some steps in as well.

I'll check in later. Have a great day all - you rock!
  • 1013carl
    Options
    I just had a couple brutal workdays... Monday 20+ hrs. straight w/ no breaks, then 4 hours off with under 3 hrs. of sleep, and then back at 8am for an intense 8 hour wrap up.... Now I'm very tired and sleepy too. It goes like that once in a while, no biggie, but it really messed with my walking and diet each day... That's the part that torqued me off a bit! Wasn't able to follow you (my friends) much either... Maybe, you guys getting a break from me was a good thing! :noway: LOL!.

The encouragement, workouts and success many of you reported here in the first 10 days of this group's challenge are impressive,... inspiring too!

That's what keeps us all coming back for more!

Pay-it-Forward and grow your friendships! When someone contacts you, don't just reach out to someone else... ...reach out to someone else + one more... foster growth whenever possible, you'll feel good doing so and you may be helping or encouraging someone else in their time of need!!! You'll be happy you did!

This group will never be more than what we put into it... so, if we enjoy and want a great group... we have to be great members!

Thanks for all you do!

Carl -
  • MscGray
    MscGray Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Well friends.....I HATE MY SCALE!!! LOL I weighed in on Saturday and was down 5 lbs (majority of it was water weight I'm guessing). When I weighed yesterday it was back up to CSW...and then I weighed today and it was the exact same number as yesterday...what?!? so I stepped off and reset it...and came up 1.5 lbs lighter....stupid scale wtf?! stop toying with me!!! Thanks for
    allowing me to rant :)
  • MscGray
    MscGray Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Today is a good day!

(My SW was 206)

Carl -
    Excellant loss! I too am really close to my 10% goal...with in 5 or so lbs :bigsmile: Keep up the great work!:flowerforyou:
  • MsJayeKaye
    MsJayeKaye Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Finally got a chance to post my 6/8 weigh in and though I'm up .6 from the 6/1 start, I am encouraged by all of you that had a loss this past week. Looking forward to being in that number when I weigh in on 6/15! :flowerforyou:
  • 1013carl
    Options
    Today is a good day!

(My SW was 206)

Carl -
    Excellant loss! I too am really close to my 10% goal...with in 5 or so lbs :bigsmile: Keep up the great work!:flowerforyou:
    [/quote]MscGray, Thank you!
    With the progress on your ticker you are doing good! Even though things get busy... make some "Me Time" for yourself! ...that's been my mission since I started here at the end of April.

Let us know when you hit that goal! :wink:
    Carl -
  • aseymour13
    aseymour13 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I bought a Fitbit a month ago when it was offered as part of the wellness plan at work. I started measuring my steps and as I increased my steps I also increased my weight. I thought I was more active and (over)indulged in sweets. Well that lead me to myfitness pal where it is easy to log food. I love the report that I now get that shows the difference in calories burned vs consumed. I lost 1 pound in the first week on this. I used to deny that I am competitive but I am, I would rather compete against my stats while in the company of friends. Here I am, joining new friends.

I love this! I have to admit my Fitbit keeps me accountable with steps and distance. I have to watch the calories as it does not always reset that for some reason. I use my phone a lot for workouts too. Competitive? wouldn't understand that LOL - clearly kidding on that front. Go get em!
  • antrobin
    antrobin Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I have been using the stairs at work and co-workers must be noticing that too. Today I was met by a coworker coming down the stairs and he held the door open for me. Funny, I was pushing a cart of freight. It is easier for me to climb stairs but I will take the elevator when I am moving freight.

Have a good week everyone
  • 1013carl
    Options
    Courtesy of pmacky,

7 Beneftis of Exercise:

1. Controls Weight
    2. Combats Health Conditions and Diseases
    3. Improves Mood
    4. Boosts Energy
    5. Promotes Better Health
    6. Puts the Spark back into your Sex Life
    7. Can be fun

Sound off and let us know of any others...
    Carl -