Challenge: The Phoenix Egg!

Options
AeiriMuse
AeiriMuse Posts: 254 Member
The Phoenix Egg - Rules and Regulations

Just as a phoenix is reborn from the ashes of it’s last life, so is the case for our empowerment of hope, motivation, inspiration, and determination. So here is a shout out to those possessing their drive in the form of ashes right now!

The Idea

Health isn’t just about a nutritious diet; it’s about achieving fitness via the balance of food, hydration, and activity. While it is pretty simple to tell yourself ‘yay’ or ‘nay’ on certain foods or drinks and replace them with healthier options, exercise isn’t always as easy to get into.

Exercise begins with movement. In order to get you motivated into that movement, I bring you the Phoenix Egg Challenge! This challenge is designed to get you moving at least a little bit on a somewhat daily basis. We all know how addicting the computer chair, couch, and bed are to sit and lay in for our free time; how dreadful just the thought of doing chores or errands are; and how locked in we can get to the computer screens, websites, and television shows and movies that enchant us to spend our time with.

I’m challenging you to turn up the heat!

Bottom line: I want to get everyone up on their feet to move or be off their bums and active for at least 15 minutes a day for a minimum of 28 days. (Meaning a minimum total of 420 minutes of movement/activity within the month.)

It may sound daunting, but it’s quite simple to do! (Much simpler than you might imagine.) This movement has to be something slightly out of the norm for your usual schedule (since some of us can spend hours in the shower and/or getting ready for work or events. lol). Cleaning up the house will count. Walking the dog will count. Cleaning a kitty litter box will count. Errands at the store will count. Workouts count. Walking down the street for something from the store instead of driving counts. Standing and stretching while at the desk at work will count. (I think you get the picture, here. :) )

For those who have a fitbit, the fitbit adjustment calories count, too! (They just don’t count towards accumulated minutes!)

The Motive

I don’t know about anyone else, but sometimes after committing to something and working hard for it, I want some sort of reward from it. Granted, we can reward ourselves on our own—but since I find it too easy to try and reward myself with food, treats, or lounging (which is what I’m trying to get people into the habit of doing less!), I am offering the chance to earn something really nice and guilt-free. I am offering images—hand drawn and colored by yours truly—that you can use for the background of your ticker as PRIZES!

Now, I know, personally, that contests depending solely on calories burned are a tad uneven for one major reason: As you lose weight and you become lighter, you burn less calories for the same amount of activity that you did when you were heavier. A heavier person walking for ten minutes will burn more calories than a lighter person walking the same ten minutes. However, I also want to help motivate you to really burn off some of that extra weight! So I have added a little extra to the challenge.

I am giving prizes based on both calories and minutes of logged activities! Read on to see what you can earn and how to do so!

How the Challenge Works

On the first day of the month, your ashes become your phoenix’s egg. Through the month, you will be taking care of and nurturing this egg with your activity and dedication! The better you care for yourself and thus your egg, the larger and more powerful it will grow! Even better! For those who go above and beyond the base requirements your phoenix ***may also grant you a wish! This wish is a unique prize of a custom ticker of whatever you’d like me to draw for you. (Free commission. :D )

***Eligibility does not guarantee a wish. Should more than three people become eligible for the wish, then their activities, minutes, and calories will be taken into consideration to determine the winners. (The more efficient of a workout, the better chance to win the prize! Not to mention the benefits to your health.)

Burn calories to incubate your egg to hatch and nurture your phoenix!
The more you burn, the bigger and stronger your phoenix will become!

1,000 cal or less — Egg is still just an egg. (No ticker image prize.)
1,001 - 3,000 cal — The egg has hatched! You have a tiny baby phoenix! Cheep, cheep!
3,001 - 8,000 cal — The hatchling is now a fletchling. It always looks up to you, and tries to fly, but can only manage to flutter.
8,001 - 16,000 cal — Your phoenix can now fly, but it has not developed a glow just yet. It needs more of a burn from you so it can really ignite!
16,001 — 25,000+ cal — Your phoenix is fully grown and glows with a light so bright it inspires others! Together, you prove that if you keep trying, you can do anything!

The more time you are active, the better the chance you’ll get a wish!
We will primarily specify winners of the wish via the amount of logged minutes of activity!

The minimum required for eligibility for a wish is 1,680 minutes of logged activity. This might sound like a lot, but when you do the math, you can easily split this into 60 minutes every day for 28 days! That’s rather simple!

Your chance of winning the wish increases with the intensity level of those activities. (Jogging will be considered higher than just strolling through the store at 2mph. Workouts will be considered higher than simply standing.)

I don’t want anyone’s extra effort to be for nothing! So, there’s one more thing!
If you accomplish at least 840 minutes of logged activity you will have silver or gold markings on your phoenix! (You choose which!) As you might realize, 840 minutes (30 minutes per day for 28 days) is double the minimum goal! I consider those who go at least this far a Big Shot! And I feel Big Shots deserve that extra bling!

Steps to Participation

1. Shape your ashes into an egg!

:. Crimson .:. Amber .:. Viridian .:
:. Sapphire .:. Amethyst .:. Ebony .:
:. Ivory .:

PhoenixChallengeEggChoices_zps54d65cf1.jpg

(Yes, I drew these.)

2. Make an entry post!

Let us know that you are participating by posting on the event thread! We’d like to know your: Name. The color egg you’ve chosen. A goal you aim to achieve with the aid of this challenge by the end of the month. Your most common activities or the activities that you plan to log towards this goal.

Example:

Hiyaz! I’m Muse! I have a Sapphire egg! I want to accomplish at least 1,300 minutes of activity this month via calisthenics and strength/weight training on a bowflex. I will more than likely be taking walks and logging each time I clean the house, too!

3. Update us on your progress whenever you can!

Tell us the dates you moved around and logged it! Tell us what you did, how long you did it, and how many calories you burned to incubate your egg or feed your phoenix! (Including your name will help us count up your stats when determining what prize(s) you earned!)

Examples:

Muse update!
07.01 - 127 minutes - Calisthenics and Bowflex Torso routine - 1,200 calories burned.
- - - - - - - -

Muse update!
07.02 - 67 minutes - Calisthenics and Bowflex Legs routine - 869 calories burned.
07.03 - 130 minutes - Calisthenics and Bowflex Torso routine - 1,250 calories burned.
07.04 - 97 minutes - Calisthenics and Bowflex Legs routine, Cleaning, 10 minute walk - 1,100 calories burned.

4. Earn your prize!

Once the event month comes to a close, give our admins a day or two to calculate the accumulated data and distinguish who earned what and who the wish winners are (if any).

If you have earned a prize, we will message you with a link to where you can save your ticker image and instructions for how to set it up!

If you are a wish winner, you will also get a message from me requesting the description and links to any images I may use as reference in order to draw and color your ***ticker. (This means you will have a ticker that absolutely no one else has AS WELL AS the phoenix ticker you earned so that you can swap back and forth between them however you wish!)

***Please note that I will create your request as soon as I possibly can with the best quality I can accomplish! This may take a few hours to possibly a week or two. (It depends on what you request.)

Concluding the challenge, we will be posting the names of those who participated, their total minutes they accomplished, and what prize(s) they earned below the rules as our Hall of Fame!

- - - If you have any questions or concerns, please PM either myself (AeiriMuse) or Tabitha_Cramer. - - -

Replies

• AeiriMuse
    AeiriMuse Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Phoenix Egg July 2014
    ==================

Wish Winners
    Tabitha_Cramer

Prize Winners
    Tabitha (Tabitha_Cramer) - 2,878 minutes 25,697 calories
    Jamie (bookworm_847) - 1,038 minutes 7,966 calories
    Muse (AeiriMuse) - 445 minutes 5,950 calories

Participants
    Muse, Victoria, Tabitha, Kate, Lindsey, and Jamie.
This discussion has been closed.