French Open 2014

Options
DMZ_1
DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
Amazed no one has said anything about it so far in here.

Lots of action so far. Serena losing early was probably the biggest story line for me as she always goes deep into tournaments but perhaps she is declining. She was also bounced in Australia fairly early.

Replies

• Hungry_Annie
    Hungry_Annie Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Top 3 seeds out on the womens side!! Its kind of exciting! I'm looking forward to a new Grand Slam winner, hopefully Genie Bouchard! I think Maria will win though.

A little bummed that Stan was knocked out first round, and Roger today. I think Novak will win the mens. Anyone other than Rafa.

Good tournament so far! One of my fave matches so far was Donald Young/Garcia-Lopez...I wanted Donnie to win so bad!
  • DMZ_1
    Options
    I still think Genie Bouchard is a babe, but not of fan of her saying that Bieber was her dream date. Total loss of points there! She's got a bright future as a player.

Rafa doesn't look as spectacular as he has in the past at Roland Garros. This could be a Novak year.
  • Hungry_Annie
    Hungry_Annie Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Yes Rafa hasn't been dominating the clay this year. I'd like to see Andy win, but he wont lol. Interesting to see Gulbis in the semis. He is rather crazy!!

I think Novak will win, which would be cool since he'll complete the career Grand Slam.

Im so looking forward to Genie and Maria tomorrow. Should be good. Fingers crossed for Genie!
  • BlackRose101
    BlackRose101 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Novak better win. I love him and he's such a great sport *__*
  • DMZ_1
    Options
    Nadal and Djokovic both struggled to make it through that match. I can't see Nadal winning Wimbledon if his back is problematic. I'd say Djokovic is the early favorite at Wimbledon.

Halep gave Sharapova a tough match though. I was impressed with her. I think Maria is on the downside of her career.
  • BlackRose101
    BlackRose101 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I couldn't agree more. I'm not the hugest fan of Maria, but that other girl seems to be an up and rising star.