Before and After

Options
garber6th
garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
Posted these in another group but I thought I would share here. I started out at 382 and now I am at 211, aiming to get to 150. I lost 70 lbs before my surgery in October and 101 lbs since. It's a bit surreal to me sometimes, but I am so much happier now, I have my health and my quality of life back!

798de78b-3373-4fcd-9377-4262263ce612_zpsc89fcfaf.jpg[/URL]

8582bf14-adac-4d9b-9ac7-d91af50de5e3_zps09c53159.jpg[/URL]

Replies

• goodlife1206
    goodlife1206 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You look great and what a change in body and mind! You must be so excited for all the possibilities you have now.
  • garber6th
    Options
    You look great and what a change in body and mind! You must be so excited for all the possibilities you have now.

Thanks! I am definitely excited about life now, I know I will be around a lot longer to enjoy it!
  • cutty805
    cutty805 Posts: 54
    Options
    You look awesome, truly an inspiration!!
  • trinity9058
    trinity9058 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    You look so great and your smile always makes me crack a smile. It's awful infectious lol
  • relentless2121
    relentless2121 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Way to go. Losing 70 pounds before your surgery was very hard work & I'm sure the 100 you lost since surgery required a lot of focus, consistency, commitment and discipline. As everyone on here says the surgery is a great tool but we still must do our part to be successful everyday for the rest of our lives. You are doing amazing and are such an inspiration to us all. :flowerforyou:
  • DeniseNCC1701
    DeniseNCC1701 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, that's outstanding!!!!

I started out at 380+ myself, so you are inspiring me!

Be well…
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    You look so great and your smile always makes me crack a smile. It's awful infectious lol

I agree, your smile in your profile picture is a winner!

Great success shows in the pictures as well!
  • brendaluceroortiz
    Options
    What an inspiration you are to others with the same struggle. Great job, you look fantastic!
  • gbran77
    gbran77 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep up the good work. You look great.
  • garber6th
    Options
    Congratulations, that's outstanding!!!!

I started out at 380+ myself, so you are inspiring me!

Be well…

I really wanted to share because I think it does help people when they see progress in others! At the end of all this, I will need to lose a total of 232 lbs and for people who are just starting out on their journey, or other people who have to lose such a large amount, I want them to see it's doable and life changing!
  • Ksh1055
    Ksh1055 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Great pictures - you're beautiful and look extremely happy.
  • teachren
    teachren Posts: 78
    Options
    Wowza! Man I just told you yesterday what an exercise inspiration you are to me...now you post this?? Hehe...you're unstoppable.

What an amazing transformation thus far...and there is more change to come. I agree your avatar pic looks smashing. It draws you into your smile.

I needed to see these when I got home tonight. I was thinking of canning on pilates...but I just finshed my omlette and read your post and I'm heading upstairs to get my workout gear on!

Keep up the awesome transformation and great advice! :-)
  • Liongoddess
    Liongoddess Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Thank you so much for posting your pictures. It is so helpful to see the transformation!
  • dward59
    dward59 Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Looking great, you amazing success story you!
  • hurricanelena
    hurricanelena Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting, you look great! Its always inspiring when people post, especially when they started around the same place I did.
  • capecodgirl50
    capecodgirl50 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    you look fantastic - but you already know that because of the vibrant smile you have. best of luck on the rest of your journey
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Aren't you proud of past you and all the tough choices she made?!! Now you are rocking a healthy body!! I'm going for 150 too. Only 16 lbs to go. Thank you for sharing it is a wonderful treasure to start my awesome journey today!
  • Shannie312
    Shannie312 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful! So happy for you, you are an inspiration to all of us!
  • whitgetfit
    Options
    You look wonderful! Congrats!!
  • JreedyJanelle
    JreedyJanelle Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Beautiful! You're just so pretty and look so good! Way to go girl!