logistical question

Options
Hi. New to the program! I've tried a few days, but really you can say I'm just still just looking into it. :-)

Do you guys do the sets in a circuit (squats, bench, row, repeat) or spend the rest time between sets just doing nothing (squatsx5, benchx5...)? Is one of them the correct way?

If you do do them in a circuit, do you just run around the gym to the appropriate racks and just comandeer everything? :P Or do you do them all at a power rack and just do a mad safety bar and hook rearrangement every 30 seconds?

Sorry such a n00b question. I swear I've read a lot of the material here and on the site and wasn't sure. I'm guessing though once the weights go upppp up up that it'll become clear to me you do one exercise at a time and need the rest through and through.

Replies

• girlie100
    girlie100 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    its not a circuit at all, when you are at your working sets after your warm up you will do 5 squats, rest, 5 squats, rest, 5 squats, rest, 5 squats, rest then 5 squats, rest a bit then move onto bench and do the same.

Hope that makes sense
  • sbarella
    sbarella Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Nope, it's not meant to be a circuit. I just walk around, check facebook, read stuff on my phone.
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Yeah, not a circuit, although I've found myself sometimes doing ab work in between sets just to keep focused on the task at hand haha! If you've been hanging out in the workout check-in thread, some of us just don,t do SL anymore, which is why you see circuits all over :)
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    No circuits for Stronglifts. Unless you had 3 barbells pre-loaded, all you'd do is spend half the workout running around like a mad woman changing out weights. Plus once you progress to heavier weights you're going to want the rest periods.

Circuit training definitely has it's place, but not with heavy lifting/compound lifts.
  • Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    When I am really pressed for time I will load up and maybe do some warm up reps for the next exercise during rests, but I work out at home and have 2 bars so it is a little different than a gym situation. I do find that when I do that, I don't do so well on my lifts but sometimes it's the difference between having a workout or having to skip it.