Whovian Weekly Watchalong Week 3: Victory of the Daleks

Options
benaddict
benaddict Posts: 1,381 Member
This week's episode is... Victory of the Daleks!

9781442557567.jpg

"'Victory of the Daleks' is the third episode in the fifth series of British science fiction television series Doctor Who. Written by Mark Gatiss and directed by Andrew Gunn, it was first broadcast on BBC One on 17 April 2010. In the episode, the Doctor and his companion Amy Pond arrive in London during the Blitz, where Winston Churchill has employed "Ironsides", a scientific creation from Professor Bracewell to be used as weapons in the war effort. However, the Doctor recognises the Ironsides as his arch-enemies the Daleks, who plan to destroy Earth by activating a device located inside Bracewell, an android."

Once you've watched the episode, come back and post your thoughts!

What was your favorite quote or scene?
Who's your favorite character in this episode?
What did you not like about the episode?
Post any gifs or photos of the episode.
And post anything else you'd like to share with the group!

Come back throughout the week to read and respond to everyone else's posts. If you have any questions or anything you'd like to add, don't hesitate to message me!

dwdoctorraging.gif

Replies

• TheDoctorDonna10
    Options
    Aw crap, I just watched this yesterday too & totally forgot it was the next one in the watchalong! Oh well, I guess that's an excuse to go watch it again :smile:
  • benaddict
    Options
    Aw crap, I just watched this yesterday too & totally forgot it was the next one in the watchalong! Oh well, I guess that's an excuse to go watch it again :smile:

Yeah, we watched it last week because my husband was impatient and didn't want to wait until this week, but now I'm gonna watch it again for the watchalong. :)
  • RavenhairedWoman
    RavenhairedWoman Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I loved the random, awkward ingeniousness of this episode. Particularly the T.A.R.D.I.S. self destruct button.

tumblr_m5rr43azo91rs170bo1_r1_500.png

tumblr_l95p078oTi1qdas6ko1_r1_500.jpg

(^_^)
  • JamieD328
    JamieD328 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    5d113010b7dc5171add8b449759fcc05.jpg

Favorite quotes were: "Danny Boy to Doctor" and the "Come along Pond" so down played you'd nearly miss it.

Once again a stand out episode for Amy's character building, and also important in pointing out that there are details of the world that should be there but aren't, as she could not remember the daleks from present day.
  • TheDoctorDonna10
    Options
    I love that it takes Bracewell so freaking long to figure out that the Doctors just letting him go & that Amy totally calls out Winston Churchill on stealing the TARDIS key :laugh:
  • adlace
    adlace Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    The Daleks have always made by brain hurt, but one asking if you would like some tea? I just didn't know what to do with that. I have never felt so threatened by tea time in my life! :laugh: Still this episode makes me want to run around work hollering "I am your Lab Tech, give me your ORDERS!": Sadly, no Whovians at work to appreciate it.
  • benaddict
    Options
    The Daleks have always made by brain hurt, but one asking if you would like some tea? I just didn't know what to do with that. I have never felt so threatened by tea time in my life! :laugh: Still this episode makes me want to run around work hollering "I am your Lab Tech, give me your ORDERS!": Sadly, no Whovians at work to appreciate it.

This reminded me of the Dalek Relaxation Tape. If you haven't heard it, definitely check it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJSQFzw1pEE