Cold Lunch Ideas

Options
oreoelle
oreoelle Posts: 17 Member
Ok Moms and Moms-to-Be, I need some cold lunch ideas. I used to be a cold sandwich person on days I knew I would not be in the office. However, now that all deli meat needs to be heated before it's consumed I need some new ideas. I've used hard boiled eggs, egg salad, and chicken salad, but they're getting really old quickly. I'm also done various salads and always looking for new combos. I'm open to all recipes. Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• futurestarz
    futurestarz Posts: 510
    Options
    IDK if you'd like this. I may just have weird tastebuds...but I've been making bean burritos as a cold lunch alternative to sandwiches. I use refried beans, a dollop of sour cream, some salsa and a sprinkle of shredded cheese in a flour tortilla. I think it's really good...but not sure if that's just because my taste buds are being crazy right now. I'm having a hard time coming up with alternatives also!

ETA- I've had crazy aversions to any type of meat since getting pregnant so, this is my little way of at least getting some protein into my diet.
  • ramalem
    ramalem Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I've been eating salads quite a bit. You can either pack all the toppings separate or pack the salad so that the stuff that would get mushy sits on top.

@Future - that actually sounds really good, I should try that!
  • oreoelle
    oreoelle Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Bean burritos sound fantastic, I'd just have to sub the refined beans for black beans. Thanks for the suggestion :)
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    http://busycooks.about.com/od/top10lists/tp/Top-10-Cold-Sandwich-Recipes.htm

All these look ah-mazing! I forgot about the classic BLT sandwich!