Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Introduction - New member :)

2»

Replies

• Gen2703
    Gen2703 Posts: 197 Member
    krokador: awesome! if you're ever in Gatineau let me know we can go for drinks (i'm the shy type but trying to break out of that shell lol) !! :drinker:

Yeah I know 1200 is way too low for lifting. I'm 5'5. I changed my settings at 1500 and I really try to eat as clean as possible - chicken, tuna, spinach, avocado, oatmeal, greek yogourt, almonds, fresh fruits and veggies, protein shakes, etc... are all part of my typical day. According to IIFYM, my TDEE is 1940 (for activity level = 3 times a week) and for fat loss it suggests 1552 (-20%). I'm kind of basing it on that and will adjust as necessary. Do you think it's a good starting point?

I'm 5'6" and 185lbs and I find 1700 cals is my sweet spot of not too hungry and not eating too much atm. I seem to maintain around 2200 (Apparently I was blessed with a rather sluggish metabolism, wee!). I too have a desk job, so I really only burn calories when I'm working out haha. As others have said, it's a bit of a game of trial and error. See how you feel and how your body reacts at 1500, adjust accordingly in 3-4 weeks. Unless you feel like you're not recovering well/are hungry all the time in which case you can up your cals a bit more !

Great, that is what I will try for the next 3 to 4 weeks and see how that goes. Thanks a lot!!
  • Gen2703
    Gen2703 Posts: 197 Member
    Calorie amounts are such a game of trial and error. I think you picked a good place to start. If you are hungry/tired/cranky etc up it a bit. If you aren't losing as expected drop it a little bit (assuming you give it a couple of weeks, I found I held onto a lot of water weight for the first month or so)

Thanks for your input!! I will definitively be playing the game of trial and error :)
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Late to another party here...

I am a fellow Canadian as well..just below you in NB...I won't embarass myself with my french...:bigsmile:

I get by that's about it...

Welcome to the group
  • cstringfellow2013
    cstringfellow2013 Posts: 172 Member
    Welcome, Gen! I'm 5'5" and started at 180 lbs and am down to 150 lbs (GW 145ish) thanks to MFP!

This is a great group of women with amazing inspiration and advice.