nervous!

Options
MrsCarter00
MrsCarter00 Posts: 502 Member
This is my second pregnancy, my son is 18 months so it wasn't long ago that I did all this but I have my first appointment tomorrow with my OB and I am so nervous! We're thinking I'm only around 7 weeks (two hpts and blood draw to confirm) but it hasn't felt real to me yet. I guess tomorrow when they tell me there's for sure a baby in there I may actually believe it LOL

It seemed like with my first from the moment I took those 2 hpts it was real so I don't know why this one would feel different? I guess possibly because I think it happened on our first try?

Anyone else feel the same way before going to the doctor?

Replies

• DeterminedToLoseWeight
    Options
    I am the same way girl and this is my first baby!! I go to the doctor on June 11th. It doesn't seem real to me yet either :)
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    JustAnotherGirlSuzanne Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    This is my second pregnancy, my son is 18 months so it wasn't long ago that I did all this but I have my first appointment tomorrow with my OB and I am so nervous! We're thinking I'm only around 7 weeks (two hpts and blood draw to confirm) but it hasn't felt real to me yet. I guess tomorrow when they tell me there's for sure a baby in there I may actually believe it LOL

It seemed like with my first from the moment I took those 2 hpts it was real so I don't know why this one would feel different? I guess possibly because I think it happened on our first try?

I'm pregnant with my first and I went to a dating ultrasound before my midwife checked for a heartbeat or anything. I was soooo paranoid that the technician would be like, "Umm, there isn't anything here..."

Thankfully there was and I wasn't just a crazy person. I did take at least four or five home pregnancy tests though... so I was absolutely positive.
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    lol, with us it was my husband that needing convincing. We got pregnant on our very first try. I knew I was pregnant long before even taking a test, I just knew. I felt it. So, I didn't even need the test or doctor to convince me, I just knew it to be true.
    My husband, however, didn't believe it. He said 'maybe I am just disappointed it worked the first time, I was hoping we would try for awhile.' :p
    After taking the hpt, he believed it but I don't think it really completely fully sank in until the ultrasound. After the ultrasound, my husband started making things for the baby and talking about the baby and he never did before that.
  • MrsCarter00
    Options

I'm pregnant with my first and I went to a dating ultrasound before my midwife checked for a heartbeat or anything. I was soooo paranoid that the technician would be like, "Umm, there isn't anything here..."

Thankfully there was and I wasn't just a crazy person. I did take at least four or five home pregnancy tests though... so I was absolutely positive.

A dating ultrasound is early on where they measure and tell you how far along you are, right? I've got to get one of those, with both pregnancies I didn't have a period for a really long time before getting pregnant so I never know exactly how far along I am. I'm hoping they can get me in for one asap!!

Oh and I know, I'm afraid they'll tell me nothing is in there as well lol! ????
  • MrsCarter00
    Options
    It's crazy how some women can just tell! With my first it was pretty obvious, my books were so sore! With this one something just told me to take a test and they were positive!

There's something about seeing your baby on the ultrasound screen that just brings everything to life. It's amazing ☺
  • papagal212
    papagal212 Posts: 93
    Options
    didn't sink in with me either. I was like whhhat??? just had a baby 15months ago. LOL. But then once the nausea hit me head on and the food aversions, omg I was like, now I know what its like to be pregnant and then it felt so real. Nausea is gone now and so is the food aversions so I'm back to not believing it. I had an ultrasound and everything. lol I think once I start ballooning up it will hit me again lol. I have another u/s at 12 weeks so I'm sure it will sink in once the baby starts looking like a real baby :)
  • harmonyhoran
    harmonyhoran Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Me too. Im 14 weeks with my second, my son is 2 years old. both times ive had to take multiple preg tests over the first few weeks just to check im still pregnant because I worry, especially with bleeding. then theres the relief of the first scan. now I can finally feel that there is something growing with a slightly firm tum. I felt my son kick at 15 weeks so that definitely helped to feel every day that I had a little one inside me. I hope I can feel this one soon too just for the comfort although not as vigorous as the last one, he was a huge kicker and mover. at 19 weeks my husband could feel him too so that aws awesome too. if only we could get scans very week to check!
  • MrsCarter00
    Options
    Thank you ladies!! I'm so happy I'm not alone!

My appointment went great and I have a sonogram next week to determine how far along I am, I can't wait!! Today's appt made it a little more real for me but I sure can't wait till I see my little bambino on that screen!
  • miranda_mom
    miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
    Options

A dating ultrasound is early on where they measure and tell you how far along you are, right? I've got to get one of those, with both pregnancies I didn't have a period for a really long time before getting pregnant so I never know exactly how far along I am. I'm hoping they can get me in for one asap!!

I have PCOS so my cycles are long. Both times I had no idea how pregnant I was. Turns out the first time I was less pregnant than I thought (I thought I was around four weeks when I tested - it was actually only three!) and with the second I thought I found out around four and it was actually five. When I went for the dating ultrasound I thought they were going to say eight weeks and it was actually nine. (BTW, my first baby was born late and my second early so between that and the fact that I found out so much later with the second, it seemed like the shortest pregnancy ever!)
  • MrsCarter00
    Options

I have PCOS so my cycles are long. Both times I had no idea how pregnant I was. Turns out the first time I was less pregnant than I thought (I thought I was around four weeks when I tested - it was actually only three!) and with the second I thought I found out around four and it was actually five. When I went for the dating ultrasound I thought they were going to say eight weeks and it was actually nine. (BTW, my first baby was born late and my second early so between that and the fact that I found out so much later with the second, it seemed like the shortest pregnancy ever!)

Haha!! I too have pcos and half the time don't have periods, which is what happened with my first and now this one! We actually started trying with this one and I wrote down the dates we did anything (no serious tracking) and that's actually what I've been going by because a couple weeks before that I'd got my birth control removed and was actually planning on switching birth controls before we decided to start trying again and I really believe it happened on the first try which would make me 7 weeks. I'm hoping they'll tell me I'm a week further along because that would put my EDD on my birthday! Our son was born on my husband's birthday so it would be pretty neat for #2 to be born on mine :)
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    JustAnotherGirlSuzanne Posts: 932 Member
    Options

Just saw this now! Sorry! :)

Yes, my dating ultrasound was at 10 weeks. My sister in law had it at 8 weeks with her current pregnancy.

Haha, I was soooo relieved when she said, "And there's baby!" :)
  • crystalirene12
    crystalirene12 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I just found I am prenant 2 weeks ago and I have a 6 month old!!! Everything is still to fresh for me. The nausea, the tiredness, the getting huge! I have to admit I was a bit shocked at first, as w were not trying, and I was on Birth Control. Now that I know we are expecting and it is for real. I am starting to get excited. Just kinda scary knowing I will have a 15 month old and an infant in less than a year.

Side note: it took me 18 months to get pregnant with the first so the odds of a second one so soon never even crossed our minds!!
    God works in mysterous ways!!
  • MrsCarter00
    Options
    I just found I am prenant 2 weeks ago and I have a 6 month old!!! Everything is still to fresh for me. The nausea, the tiredness, the getting huge! I have to admit I was a bit shocked at first, as w were not trying, and I was on Birth Control. Now that I know we are expecting and it is for real. I am starting to get excited. Just kinda scary knowing I will have a 15 month old and an infant in less than a year.

Side note: it took me 18 months to get pregnant with the first so the odds of a second one so soon never even crossed our minds!!
    God works in mysterous ways!!

You are absolutely right!!! God always keeps you on your toes! My son was actually 15 months when I decided to get my birth control implant removed (due to weight gain) and was just going to switch methods and get an IUD well it was taking longer than expected for my Dr's office to order it and in that time - just a matter of two weeks - we went from not wanting another one to feeling like God put it on my heart to have another and three weeks later I found out we were expecting!! It was amazingly fast!! I'm scared too, I will have a newborn and a 25 month old which may be a little easier than them only being 15 months apart but I'm nervous to have two! I'm excited at the same time and ready for the challenge ????