Artists - Showcase Your Talents!

Options
blondageh
blondageh Posts: 923 Member
Ok, since the true arteests are too shy to show their talent, I will show you my pinterest project I made today at lunch. HA! No, it isn't a sculpture, painting or novel, but c'mon....it's candy...and I didn't have any! Not one!!

Basically, it is a bouquet of suckers. I am going to put a sign in it that says Surgery Sucks! For my friend who just had hip replacement surgery. As I said, got the idea off of Pinterest. I love to make gift baskets and stuff like that.

180b14fc-5ac7-4da3-95f2-ac36970aafbd_zpsd78fd87b.jpg

I also love to make wreaths.. they are so simple.. See what I do..I go for secretly simple..

Wreath_zps0e0d486f.jpg

I found out I DO like to paint at one of those Paint Nite thingies. Once again, it turned out to be incredibly easy, but it was SO relaxing and so consuming it made me want to take up painting for real. Here is my masterpiece!!! I STILL cannot get over messing up my stream.. Or as my husband says.. "I thought it was a road?".

d463e1b4-a486-4bc9-98e4-2a7d6b89d19a_zps96ce1d47.jpg

Finally, I used to write really bad poetry, but I will save that for when I drunk post or something.

Don't be shy. I want to see what all you fabulous people do! We are SO much more then the #'s on the scale!

And if you don't know how to post pictures go here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/540392-posting-pictures-on-the-boards-tutorial

Replies

• KarenZen
    KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! Thank you for posting your art and for starting this thread! I'm going to review that tutorial and finally learn to post a pic!

Okay... let me try one. This is one of my watercolor paintings, called "Balance," not quite finished.
    0112141958_zps1bd5c091.jpg
  • blondageh
    Options
    I'm holding you to that! Right now I feel like a show off because I'm the only o n e that posts pics except for Rats Dr. Pepper and chart. Sad face.
  • NorahCait
    NorahCait Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I'm not an artist by any means, but I am a crafter! I'm at work right now (with noooothing to do!) so I only have what's posted on my facebook. So, here you go, a silly craft for a Halloween costume:

ySfHONS.jpg

I was The Glow Cloud, a character from this podcast I listen to. Poked some battery-powered string lights through foam I cut in the shape of a cloud and then covered it in polyfill with spray adhesive. Fun little project :)

(Oh, and those are animals that I printed out on sticker paper that are "falling" from the cloud-- makes more sense if you know the podcast, but it's definitely still weird and I won't deny that hehe)
  • KarenZen
    Options
    Aaarrgghhhhhhhhhhh ! I keep trying different ways... not working.

0112141958_zps1bd5c091.jpg
  • KarenZen
    Options
    1525053_10203023083007157_643493845_n.jpg

Heather, can you look at this? Do I just delete the first part and change to lower case img on both sides?
  • NorahCait
    Options
    Karen, when I quote you, it looks like everything is right on that second post! I don't know why Photobucket is saying that about your picture!!! How frustrating.
  • KarenZen
    Options
    Thanks, Norah! I'll keep fiddling. I'm on my phone--that may be the issue.

1525053_10203023083007157_643493845_n.jpg
  • NorahCait
    Options
    I think I found something that might explain the issue!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/656771-posting-pics-with-photobucket

Specifically: if you're trying to link to them from MFP to their spot hosted on photobucket you want to make sure there are NO spaces in the folder or file name...
    spaces are replaced with %20 which isn't the same thing, just like IMG isn't img... so rename files and folders to remove any spaces and then get the URL

(Specifically for you, the "Mobile Uploads" folder needs to be changed to "MobileUploads" without a space.
  • KarenZen
    Options
    0112141958_zps043c488f.jpg
  • KarenZen
    Options
    Almost got this... thanks, Norah!!!
  • blondageh
    Options
    Norah! You are so cute and I love your glow cloud! That is awesome! I am not crafty as I can sew or bake or anything like that, but like i said, I do love me some craft projects even if I take 5 hours to do something that should be done in 20 minutes.

Looks like you got it Karen! I adore it! Very pretty and reminds me of the way women used to look, curvy, round and beautimous! Very talented!

I haven't even mastered the Art of photo posting from my phone. That is why you see those url thingies when I do it sometimes. Good job!
  • KarenZen
    Options
    I think I've got this now...

Here's a few watercolors. One I did for my mom of her dog, the others are from my dancing naked women series. I haven't figured out how to paint faces yet, so I just do them from the back!

1116051_10201886918003742_486420275_o.jpg

457034_4197525385555_154559075_o.jpg

0112142010a_zps2abe3285.jpg
  • blondageh
    Options
    Booties! Love it! That is really good of the puppy too. That is funny you can't do faces and that is all I can do. I took a forensic art class in college (my minor is in forensic science) and I can do an ok witness drawing. Lol.
  • KarenZen
    Options
    I'm just so happy I can finally post pictures! Now I have to work on sizing them. Thank you both for your help!

This b is going B-) to be a fun thread--you're both so talented! Can't wait to see more.

I'm very new to drawing and painting, self taught last summer, so I need a lot of practice. I really love it though.
  • catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    e9220ae3-0582-41da-b6d8-74a5953bf449_zpsb7b2a9ab.jpg[/URL]

Here are some pendants that I have made out of glass with silver pendant holders.
  • KarenZen
    Options
    OMG... you MADE those pendants??? Wow!!!! They are so look beautiful!!! Could you explain a little more about how you make them?
  • blondageh
    Options
    Wow! Yes. really want to hear how you do that! Especially with all the colors. Pretty!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I don't have any pictures at the moment where I am, but knit, crochet, sew, do leather crafts, I can do most forms of needlecrafts though my wrists prevent it most days, I have in the past made bead jewelry, I modified the design for my Renaissance Fair costume (Wench!) from this past ... um ... March, I think. I might be able to figure out a picture on that...maybe. I have bound books before, made hair bows and barrettes, make fake hair bun things (my daughter was in dance class at the time), altered/modified dance costumes, and probably things I'm forgetting. Pretty much if there is yarn or thread involved, I either have done it, can do it, or want to do it! I've learned drop spindle spinning, thought that's been quite a while... I'm an equal opportunity crafter. :D
  • KarenZen
    Options
    I don't have any pictures at the moment where I am, but knit, crochet, sew, do leather crafts, I can do most forms of needlecrafts though my wrists prevent it most days, I have in the past made bead jewelry, I modified the design for my Renaissance Fair costume (Wench!) from this past ... um ... March, I think. I might be able to figure out a picture on that...maybe. I have bound books before, made hair bows and barrettes, make fake hair bun things (my daughter was in dance class at the time), altered/modified dance costumes, and probably things I'm forgetting. Pretty much if there is yarn or thread involved, I either have done it, can do it, or want to do it! I've learned drop spindle spinning, thought that's been quite a while... I'm an equal opportunity crafter. :D

Oh, we need to see some! If I can figure out the picture thing, anyone can!
  • catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Wow! Yes. really want to hear how you do that! Especially with all the colors. Pretty!

It is all glass, clear glass and loads of different colored glass and also glass with little designs on them....I will try to add a close up to this post so you can see the hearts. A designer in my town taught me...you have to have a Kilm to fire up the glass. You cut two pieces of glass in the shape you want (square, oblong or whatever design), they you (in this case) use the black glass on the back of the pendant and then start to pile on different small, very small, tiny, whatever size colored glass on top (glueing them in place so they don't slide when you fire them). You top it off with clear glass glued on top and then fire them in the kilm over night. Then you just glue the clasp onto them. It really is a 'no-brainer' you just have to get the hang of what colors to choose which is hard coz you really can't tell from looking at the glass which color is which...so it is sort of hit and miss. I seem to be getting better each time I try it and I get a bit more adventurous in selecting the different pieces. I am no expert, just like to dabble in it and give away to friends!

IMG_0457_zpsf53ee165.jpg[/URL]