Marathon Maniacs

Options
So, I'm really excited to be a Marathon Maniac (got my number yesterday - #9437), but I have to say, I'm kind of bummed that the Half Fanatics have a better logo and colors! All the Maniac stuff is bright yellow (with a cat!) - and I'm not a yellow person. They have a few pink items for women, which I guess is fine (why always pink though?) but they all say "diva" on it (no thank you). Just wondering if I'm the only one who wishes the MM had better stuff?

(Granted, it's all over priced anyways, so maybe this is a good thing).

Also...I just realized, I might be sounding like a diva by complaining about this...haha.

Replies

• davemunger
    davemunger Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    That's one reason I haven't really made the effort to join MMs -- don't like the gear much. Maybe we should start a rival group with a better logo!
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    RunFarLiveHappy Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    In for starting a rival group! Especially if I can use my 7 halfsies and upcoming 24-hour as my qualififications ????
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Congrats on MM :)

I'm not a fan of either's logo, but I'll take the MM's screeching cat thing over the HF GPS buzzard guy. The HF symbology is neat to read, but the guy on the shirt just looks fugly. But I like the HF colors better too *points to profile pic*
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Congrats on MM :)

I'm not a fan of either's logo, but I'll take the MM's screeching cat thing over the HF GPS buzzard guy. The HF symbology is neat to read, but the guy on the shirt just looks fugly. But I like the HF colors better too *points to profile pic*

I also opted not to join HF because I didn't like the freaky guy on the shirt. :laugh:
  • vmclach
    vmclach Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Lol i don't care if their logo was a porto potty or poop. I'm proud!!! It could be nastier.

I am not a big yellow person. I especially hate red. Yellow & red together suck, but it's like an NFL player complaining about the team colors.

It's irrelevant!!!
  • DavidMartinez2
    DavidMartinez2 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    At the Tacoma City Marathon last month they had MM gear that was the Seahawks bright green color available. I don't like the new gear, I prefer my old-school singlet that just says "Marathon Maniacs" with no embellishments on the front.
  • aldousmom
    aldousmom Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    HI! I'm #7346

I don't like the colors that much, either, but it does make it easier to spot other maniacs! :)
  • amandamurdaugh
    amandamurdaugh Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    LOL. I went with the pink DIVA singlet. Not because I'm a diva, not by a long shot. It was closer to purple, my favorite color. I've gotta say, it's the softest material ever. And I love crazy looking cats! I'll eventually get the classic orange as well too, but they are pricey.