Up for a Tear or Two Today? - Blog Post

Replies

• KarenZen
    KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
    I'm not crying... that's just something in my eye, maybe.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,103 Member
    This didn't make me cry, but it was moving. However, just as an odd reflection, I don't remember being a child. I had a traumatic injury when I was 2 1/2, I have one memory at about age 6-7, and nothing until I'm a teen, really. I kind of wish I could remember it all. Maybe that would help fuel me now.

However, I did have an epiphany myself about 2 and a half years ago. I wrote it all up. I'll reread it to make sure it is appropriate to post here (I posted it on an adult-only type of site before), and post it. Hold me to that, y'all. I think I need to remind myself of why, "I deserve..."
  • blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    I'm holding you to it! I want to see it. The part about seeing the girls bop by going to the beach. Omg, how many times have I had that moment? I used to be one of those girls people looked at and now I am just that, invisible. Ibfont identify too much with people complaining about fat discrimination but I do feel the invisibility. The you don't matter. The stop trying to take care of yourself and letting everything go.

Now I see the innocence more through my daughters eyes. The hope, the purity of all the self hate and complete lack of awareness of self doubt and impossibilities. I have a hard time remembering that myself but I do see it through her.
  • blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    I read it! I wasn't offended! I thought it was going to be risky! It was very good though and enlightening! You DO deserve so much more then it sounds like you give yourself. Much more than stuff even. Credit, love, happiness. :heart:
  • ITZJESS
    ITZJESS Posts: 4 Member
    I just saw this... Thank you for posting the link. I really needed this.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,103 Member
    I had some language that I removed, and I has some more ... open-minded references that I made PC/everyone-type friendly, but I didn't want to go back and change the title and such, but thanks.

@ITZJESS I'm glad it helped. I actually feel terrible myself because I've disconnected from the progress I made then, but I have another few articles to write about what followed this...

Hugs to all!