Chit Chat

Options
AeiriMuse
AeiriMuse Posts: 254 Member
edited December 2014 in Social Groups
Just have something on your mind? Little wonders here or there? Give us a post!

I'll start it off with:

What are your favorite healthy snacks?

I enjoy unsalted almonds. Just 15 of them with a cup of water and it can hold me for two to three more hours before I eat a meal and get a pick me up of energy from it, too!

My other favorite is cheese sticks. I'm a sucker for cheese. Weight Watchers Colby Jack sticks (70 calories) are one of my favorite kinds. :D

Replies

• csellington
    csellington Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like eating zucchini with peanut butter for a snack or nutritional bar (Luna & Kind)
  • AeiriMuse
    Options
    I like eating zucchini with peanut butter for a snack or nutritional bar (Luna & Kind)

I've had celery with pb... I'll have to try the zucchini sometime!

My boyfriend's favorite are pickles all by themselves. Usually a large dill pickle is only 5 calories, but it helps him feel full.
  • AeiriMuse
    Options
    So, I have tons of things I could chat about, but the major portion on my mind are ideas. I have so much fun with ideas... > >

Though, I really want to make this group more active! To do that, I feel fun is always a factor that gets people the come back. Knowledge is the other... So, what do you find to be fun on the forums? What are the educational topics that you find you take the most interest in?
  • AeiriMuse
    Options
    Tabby, I've thought of trying to:

-Restart some of our threads because posting up new ones puts a link on our activity feeds. Might remind a couple of members to come check on it since we are actively looking and trying to post every day.

-Making us ticker images that have the names of the groups on them so when we post in other forums, it brings attention.

-Try making some more challenges but them being for a week instead of a month. (Especially when I can get working on the image for the IR vs SS thread.)

-Perhaps we can do a member of the week? Or story of the week? Idea of the week? Exemplary of the week? We can try checking up on people's progress and how they are doing and perhaps highlight their hard work? Especially since we have most of them as friends. We can see when they hit a new high marker of their streaks for example.

-Random health topic for the week? Find something to focus on for the week (the way calories in/out work, the importance of protein, fiber, different types of exercises, etc) and everyone can pool their knowledge or the articles they find on such things. Others that read will possibly learn something new and improve their diet/exercise plan?
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Just have something on your mind? Little wonders here or there? Give us a post!

I'll start it off with:

What are your favorite healthy snacks?

I enjoy unsalted almonds. Just 15 of them with a cup of water and it can hold me for two to three more hours before I eat a meal and get a pick me up of energy from it, too!

My other favorite is cheese sticks. I'm a sucker for cheese. Weight Watchers Colby Jack sticks (70 calories) are one of my favorite kinds. :D
    Pretty much mine too. I love raw almonds from Trader Joe's and actually need to get more when I get paid. I ran out a couple weeks ago and those hold me over from having munchies all the time. Plus they make me drink a lot more water when I eat them, Love string cheese sticks and Cracker Barrel cheese as well, but have to have the pre-portioned stuff or I'll pig out. lol
  • AeiriMuse
    Options
    Pretty much mine too. I love raw almonds from Trader Joe's and actually need to get more when I get paid. I ran out a couple weeks ago and those hold me over from having munchies all the time. Plus they make me drink a lot more water when I eat them, Love string cheese sticks and Cracker Barrel cheese as well, but have to have the pre-portioned stuff or I'll pig out. lol

Haha! Ditto! Same with the almonds. I set them up in ziplock baggies ahead of time so that I'm not tempted to grab more than 15 (85 cal) or 18 (102 cal) of them at a time. hehe

I love string cheese as well, but, unlike the colby jack sticks, it's too hard for me to just stick to one of them. String cheese always has me going back for at lease one more. It's weird. lol
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Options
    I seem to notice when I have a lot of cheese snacks, I have smaller losses at my weigh in. My sodium levels have been through the roof, so I am thinking I am going to go back to Fiber One bars and almonds for snacks and maybe a random cheese stick here and there.
    Also wanting to get some fruit gummies, or gummi bears and pre portion them out into baggies and have candy snacks, do I don't feel like I am missing out.
    I've been following the 30 days of sweets thread and drooling over all the people eating their yummy desserts and still losing weight. I participate when I can, but can't afford junk food every day, so I eat it when I can. :)
  • AeiriMuse
    Options
    I seem to notice when I have a lot of cheese snacks, I have smaller losses at my weigh in. My sodium levels have been through the roof, so I am thinking I am going to go back to Fiber One bars and almonds for snacks and maybe a random cheese stick here and there.
    Also wanting to get some fruit gummies, or gummi bears and pre portion them out into baggies and have candy snacks, do I don't feel like I am missing out.
    I've been following the 30 days of sweets thread and drooling over all the people eating their yummy desserts and still losing weight. I participate when I can, but can't afford junk food every day, so I eat it when I can. :)

I never heard of that thread. It sounds dangerous to me. XD
  • AeiriMuse
    Options
    I think I'll stay away from that. haha. I used to have to have a little bit of candy every day for a while. It was really hard for me to get past my plateau with it because the sugar was holding me back.

I'm a fruit and veggie girl, anyway, so I tend to see fruit as the equivalent to healthy candy in my head. If I had a choice between fresh, ready to eat strawberries or blueberries or a candy bar or fruit gummies, the fresh fruit would always win.

The only fruit and flavor I tend to be a base to base situation with is orange and other citrus flavors. If it is too bitter, I can't eat it. I'm a sweet tooth, not a sour puss. lol
  • AeiriMuse
    Options
    Just looking for some feedback. I tried making some new threads that I believe will help with navigation. Will you give them a look and let me know if they work alright? If you have any suggestions to improve them, I'm definitely open for those, too! :]
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Options
    Just looking for some feedback. I tried making some new threads that I believe will help with navigation. Will you give them a look and let me know if they work alright? If you have any suggestions to improve them, I'm definitely open for those, too! :]
    Looks pretty good to me. Its nice having the links there for newbies so they don't have to hunt for them. :)
  • AeiriMuse
    Options
    Awesome! I did something right! :D
  • AeiriMuse
    Options
    Hey there Motivators! I want thinking of something to talk about, and I have been thinking of making a thread in which we can post comparison pictures during this journey of weight loss we're on. This is inspired by Tabitha_Cramer from her blog post in which she shared images that showed her weight loss at every 5 lbs marker. I plan to do the same for the rest of my journey, and to make my own blog post to do the same, but not everyone wants to really make a whole blog to do that, so I wonder if I should start a thread. :D

What is your opinion?
  • AeiriMuse
    Options
    Hey all! Sorry I disappeared for a couple days. I wasn't feeling well and it was just way too hard to get on the computer while on bed rest. I was stupid and rushed a couple leg workouts last week and my knee is trying to kill my exercise plan again. lol

Hoping all of your weekends were better than mine!
  • shokuru
    shokuru Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Sorry I haven't been tracking again. Really been in a mess lately. Just been down from multiple things going on that are not going too well. My major weakness is when I get depression that I eat too much. Especially ice cream and other dairy products. There are many things that I let drop me into depression. I want to do some things that get rid of that besides medication. Any ideas?

I started to do Tai Chi to calm myself. It doesn't seem to be helping a lot.
  • shokuru
    Options
    I know it's suppose to be positive posts. I jus had to get that off my mind. Just need a boost.
  • AeiriMuse
    Options
    I know it's suppose to be positive posts. I jus had to get that off my mind. Just need a boost.
    It's alright. It's what the group is about. So you're having issues resisting food? Or keeping it in proportion?
  • shokuru
    Options
    It's a bit of both. More on the portion size. Especially when it comes to rice. Little bit really doesn't cut it good enough. I used to do just a handful and that's it. Then it's like it's not enough. It's not a lot more, but still.
  • AeiriMuse
    Options
    I find that when it comes to eating rice, I use it as something to accent the dish I'm eating instead of it being the focus. So a lot of times I'll mix it with proteins and fibers. One of my favorites is chicken, cheese, and broccoli mixed with the rice in a kind of casserole. The broccoli ends up holding most of the texture and structure than the rice, cuts down on the starch and calories, and is much more filling because of the protein and fiber.