Hello! Nice to Meet You

Options
Hello there, my name is Tammy and like many of you, cosplay is one of my motivations for loosing weight. I haven't been to an anime convention in a long time. The last time I went and cosplayed was when I was 14-15. I purposely avoided conventions and cosplay because I always felt embarrassed about my weight, but not this year!

I started MFP roughly a year ago and since then, lost a total of 30 lbs (13.6 kg). It's been a difficult journey, but I'm determined to get into shape and lose my last 15 lbs. (6.8 kg)! I figured that since I love the idea of cosplay, this would be awesome motivation for me to drop those last few pounds.

I absolutely love anime, but due to college, I haven't watched many series this past year. My favorites include Neon Genesis Evangelion, Cowboy Bebop, Magi, Tamako Market, Gin no Saji, and Natsume Yuujinchou. I'm not a hefty gamer, but I have a soft spot for Pokemon and The Legend of Zelda.

Hope to make some new cosplay friends! If you're around the Philadelphia area, feel free to hit me up about upcoming cons!

Replies

• fluffyfoxx
    Options
    I just joined here and I just wanted to say hi to you as well! I have waaaaaaaaaaaay more weight to loose than you but I am determined to cosplay at Anime Expo 2015 I want to try to loose 123 lbs by that time. I don't know if it is do able thought ^^;

How is your weight loss going?
  • bunbunzee44
    bunbunzee44 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Hey ^^ Nice to meet you!
    It's a shame that people feel like they can't go to conventions because of their bodies.. :/ Everyone should be able to have fun and cosplay who they want to! ^^

I live in Finland and I'm going to a convention in less than a month :3 I've been preparing myself for this atleast 6 months again heheh ;_; My cosplay outfits are both sort of skimpy and I'm going to have to show off my body. And no matter how thin, it's always going to make me feel very self conscious :3
    Will you do a cosplay for this year? :)