Check in June 7, 2014

blondageh
blondageh Posts: 923 Member
Good Moring Beautiful People!

Time to rise and shine and get our weekend on! I don't really have a topic this morning. But I do challenge everyone to get out there and do something fun. It doesn't have to cost money. Depending on weather where you are, go outside, explore your city. Look up free things to do and what is happening in your town.

We will hit the pool this morning and Hopefull get some go pro footage of my awesome girl and her new found skim of jumping in. Margaritas night with the girls. I did find out it is a mix, so going to water mine down and bring something else to drink.

Other than that just going to enjoy the time off and try and stay on plan. Enjoy your day everyone.

Replies

• tishtash77
    tishtash77 Posts: 430 Member
    Morning! Have a lovely girls night.

I am happy this morning, my WI was another 1.4lb loss (I lose 0.4-1.5lbs a week depending, well on weeks I do lose lol) so I am very happy with that plus it takes me down another decade which is fab! See ya 230s will not be coming back.

Plans I had for the weekend may change a little as apparantly sister in law is coming to visit so will just have to see what happens and try to make good choices. Dean my son cracked me up yesterday. He suddenly said to me 'mmmmm pizza, it has been a long long long time since we had pizza from the man mummy.' Pizza from the man is when the delivery guy brings it. I said yep because we are all eating good things together and pizza from the man tastes good but isn;t good for you. He said well maybe its time though mummy. lol Well he is right, it has been at least 4 weeks since we have had take out, maybe more. Will see if we can fit it into the budget and the meal plan this week or next.
  • PatrickB_87
    PatrickB_87 Posts: 738 Member
    Morning, everyone.

Mmmm Pizza from the man, how could you speak such sacrilege against pizza.

I'll pop in the shower soon and head off to the market, do a little shopping and maybe have a nice muffin. Then off to bike safety class. Can't ride yet, I need to take the bike in to get tuned up and fit for me.
  • blondageh
    Bike as in motorcycle or bicycle?

Pizza from the man..so cute. Like a pizza fairy just magically drops by...
  • catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Good Morning All......hope you all have a great weekend. (Mine is over and workweek starts tomorrow). Pizza sounds great.....don't tempt me!! lol I finally did some cardio...I put a Neil Diamond DVD in, one of his old concerts....and I danced to his songs! Actually was fun!! Enjoy your down time ladies and gents!
  • blondageh
    We are back from the pool. Got two hours of swimming in. If you have never tried swimming with a 35lb kid on your back, I recommend it. It is one hell of a workout. She wanted to play horsey in the pool. She Damn near drown me a couple times.

Margarita night has been cancelled. I'm kind of happy about it. I don't have to worry about calories and I can have an Orange is the New Black Season 2 Marathon if I can keep kiddo preoccupied with other things.
  • KarenZen
    KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
    Pizza man reminds me of a story...

I was visiting my brother in Massachusetts a few years ago. Everyone had gone to work except my 20-something nephew who worked nights. He stumbled downstairs around 2 p.m., just as someone banged on the front door. I looked out the window and saw another young man. My nephew talked to him for a minute then came back inside, opened up a bag, and started eating the sub and chips inside.
    I said, "Didn't your friend want to come in and hang out?"
    He said ," My friend?"
    "Yeah. The friend who just brought you the sandwich."
    He said, "Ummmm.... you mean the DELIVERY GUY? No, he didn't want to come in and hang out."

Oh my God, I've lived in the boonies for so long that I'd forgotten in some places people will actually bring food to your house!!!

Anyway, that's my story. Happy Saturday everyone!

Karen in Maine
  • julieworley376
    julieworley376 Posts: 444 Member
    Hi everyone, don't worry I am around but have a horrible stomach virus.. was in the ER last night. So just resting and chilling out here.. as soon as I am feeling better I will get back up to speed with everyone. Love you guys.
  • blondageh
    Ugh. Once again I made the mistake of watching the go pro footage. I really didn't want to but I wanted to see the parts of my girl jumping in and swimming. From the footage, my face looks exactly like my before picture. Nothing like the pictures I take. Sure I take the best angles, etc. But holy carp, I pretty much still look the same! You can't even see my eyes from all the fat around my cheeks.

No wonder no one notices my weight loss, I look the same! Just venting. It will be ok. I will just keep going and rather than stress about it use it as motivation to work even harder until I do lose the fat on my face so you can see my eyes for real.
  • blondageh
    Hi everyone, don't worry I am around but have a horrible stomach virus.. was in the ER last night. So just resting and chilling out here.. as soon as I am feeling better I will get back up to speed with everyone. Love you guys.

Oh no! That is terrible! That is one way to lose weight but just about the most miserable way ever. Rest up for sure and get better. Poor thing. Sedibg you lots of good healing juju.
  • tishtash77
    tishtash77 Posts: 430 Member
    Julie hope you feel better soon.

So I did not end up making such great choices lol. Had a 2700 cal day have not had one that high in a very long time. But hey ho, it does not happen often anymore. The rest of the week I will eat normally and we will see. I used to desperately try to make up for days like this the rest of the week, but then Id become obsessed with hunger and numbers and so on. Today is done, I have re- re- learned how quick alcohol and other foods can add up. Tomorrow goes back to a regular day. Won't be pizza from the man this week though lol, my poor son. Night all x
  • blondageh
    I think sometimes a off day is good as long as it is just one day and you are normally on target. It resets you. I like your attitude about just letting go and getting right back bidness usual. Poor pizza man. Lol
  • PatrickB_87
    PatrickB_87 Posts: 738 Member
    Oh why does everyone have to keep saying the word pizza, now its all I can think of...

Bike as in bicycle, sorry I'm just not that manly. But I do look fetching in my reflective vest. A local bike coalition was offering a free urban safety class at the senior center so I went and listened to the lecture after going to the farmers market. Since I haven't been on a bike in 10 years it was good to learn the laws in CA and how to ride on the road and avoid accidents. I would recommend a class like that to anyone.

Now I'm thinking I could walk the two miles downtown to the New York Pizza place that sells slices and have a slice and then walk two miles back home. Have pizza and get my walk in...
  • mikesgirl4evr
    mikesgirl4evr Posts: 363 Member
    Hello all, hope you have had a wonderful Saturday. Mine hasn't been too bad. Today a few people from my Monday night gastric bypass support group decided to get together and not too far from my house. Since I don't have a bus pass this month I won't be able to make it to the Monday night group for a bit so I decided to go. They were meeting 2 miles from my house and I walked it in 45 minutes. This particular route has a few really steep hills that you have to go up so I was pretty proud of that time. It also felt good to get together with them and get out of the house. Didn't get the laundry done though. Tomorrow is another day, lol. I got my son to help me take my measurements today. No real big changes but I did lose a 1/2 inch in a couple of places. My food has been on track even with our group meeting at St. Louis Bread Company (most people know it as Panera Bread these days). I wasn't even tempted with any of their delicious sweets. Of course it helps that I didn't have any money but just the fact that I didn't even look at them longingly made me feel good.
  • KarenZen
    KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
    Hello and goodnight!

Good day at home with not much pressure to get things done. I ate very little today--detoxing from carbs AGAIN after losing a battle with a loaf of bread yesterday. Now if I can keep myself in bed and not raid the kitchen, I can reset to normal.

I'm thinking that now is when our work really begins. We're six weeks past the start of our little group. And the excitement has died down, the newness worn off, and now we settle in for the long haul. I'm going to come up with some measurable achievements tomorrow.. something to divide the journey and celebrate it!
    K.
  • blondageh
    It's a new day but I'm gonna reply on this one. Pats, I think a 4 mile walk would be more then enough to earn a slice of NY stuff that shall no longer be named. Go for it!

Karen, I agree. A little sad that more people aren't joining in daily. I don't want to dominate the conversation all the time. But I really am enjoying seeing posts from the regulars and get excited when a new one pops in, just hoping they will stick around.