Fitness? 

Water intake?

Any Questions? 

Any Advice needed or to give?

Replies

• lkphilley
    lkphilley Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I gained a lb. but I am hoping it is muscle.I have lost alot of my muscle and I have been working more than I have been(pushing thru pain).So I hope to see more loss soon.I am changing bad habits one at a time so I know I am progressing but when I dwell on the scale I get discouraged so I need to work on that
    :happy:
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    I lost another 2 pounds. I am doing the 30DS but I hurt my calf today so don't know if that will cause me to take a break from it. I have logged diligently.
  • sarahsweightlossjourney
    Options
    Good job on the loss! Make sure to rest don't push your self to hard it can have negative lasting effects.
    I lost another 2 pounds. I am doing the 30DS but I hurt my calf today so don't know if that will cause me to take a break from it. I have logged diligently.
    Options
    I hope its muscle too. Im happy to hear your changing bad habits one at a time. Thats what I did. Can you leave some examples for others, it might help. One of mine would be if you like one thing that you dont want to give up see if theres a better option for it. Ex cream cheese there is a light version of a few kinds. Do you do measurements? U can see over time your loss there to and that will help motivate you.
    I gained a lb. but I am hoping it is muscle.I have lost alot of my muscle and I have been working more than I have been(pushing thru pain).So I hope to see more loss soon.I am changing bad habits one at a time so I know I am progressing but when I dwell on the scale I get discouraged so I need to work on that
    :happy:
    Options
    Alright time to see how my week went.

So im back on track for losing weight. Its a slow start but better than nothing. I lost .4 lbs this week. Im now at 192.9 lbs 5"8.

Im gonna do measurements in august.

I overate 600 for the week still a lot but its better then ive been doing so I see that im Making change. My average was 1299 cals a day so im pretty happy im on the right track.

My goals are to eat even less next week and keep my water intake up.

I did better for water this week cups per day: 5/6/6/4/8/4/8
  • victoria43068
    Options
    I am new to this but have been highly motivated to do this right this time. I am working out every day, trying different activities so not to get bored. I have lost 7 lbs ..its a start. I am drinking more water than I ever have..no more ice tea and soda! I have not done measurements yet..hope to do that soon. I already have more energy, which is wonderful! Eating lots healthier. My grown up kids are very supportive, and my daughter has gone walking with me, even when she has to slow down a bit to let mom catch up! I want to keep getting stronger and be able to do more each week. I am so grateful for all the support here and to know we are all in this journey together. . Hope all have a great week!
    Options
    Good work! I gave up icetea as well. I used to love it all my life but I don't have it anymore because I don't want to go back. Hope you have a good week too!
    I am new to this but have been highly motivated to do this right this time. I am working out every day, trying different activities so not to get bored. I have lost 7 lbs ..its a start. I am drinking more water than I ever have..no more ice tea and soda! I have not done measurements yet..hope to do that soon. I already have more energy, which is wonderful! Eating lots healthier. My grown up kids are very supportive, and my daughter has gone walking with me, even when she has to slow down a bit to let mom catch up! I want to keep getting stronger and be able to do more each week. I am so grateful for all the support here and to know we are all in this journey together. . Hope all have a great week!
  • stefsc1
    stefsc1 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I just had 2 days off from work and binged pretty terribly. I'm up exactly three pounds from the beginning of the week, but honestly I'm not too bothered. I know they'll come back off in a few days as long as I go back to my normal eating habits. I had fun eating lots of foods I "shouldn't', so I just can't bring myself to be upset that I overate. I'm going to burn off crazy amounts of calories at work and have 7 hours less to just sit on the couch and eat, so it won't be hard to get back into my GOOD habits.
  • AKAMrsR
    AKAMrsR Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I had a major highs and lows week. I started off right going to the gym on Monday, but then got tempted by a muffin on Tuesday. It's amazing how one muffin spiraled me completely out of control for two days!! Got my eating back on track by Thursday and went to a fitness boot camp on Friday. Yesterday went for a walk with the family. So, I think I'll skip the scale this week, knowing that my calories weren't good, but I'm also proud of the exercise I accomplished. I'm going to try to go to a few more boot camp sessions and develop a good routine for myself to take with me when I move in less than a month. I don't want traveling and staying with my parents for a few weeks to completely ruin my motivation!

Anyways, no weigh-in, didn't eat great, but I consider surviving boot camp a success! Now, to strive for a full week of successes in all areas!
  • clairetomkinson84
    clairetomkinson84 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I have been doing really well and keeping within my calorie goals and exercising most days. I have no idea what I weigh this week as my scales aren't working but have ordered a new set which should arrive by the end of the week. I have lost 4cm all over my body this week though so I am happy.
  • EmilyTabawhat
    Options
    Hi! *raises hand*
    ive been kinda having an interesting week.

My Stats: 5'4"
    SW: 217

I started tracking on MFP 4 weeks ago. Ive been eating 1300 calories, eating very very healthy and working out 4-5 days a week for 30-40 minutes. (C25K, Eliptical HIIT or Daily Burn -- Although I admit I slack on the strength training/Daily Burn lately. I'm trying to focus on completing C25K as its my first NSV. I figure it would be better to start slowly and develop a habit of 30 minutes a day of actually getting off the couch after work, then to worry TOO much about what I'm doing).

My problem is, I havent been loosing as much as I expected. Having a LOT to loose (80lbs), I though I would see a difference in the first month, cutting out "anything I want mentality" of deep fried, sugary, processed, and fast food and going from couch potato to runner.

Ive only lost 3.4 pounds over the last four weeks, and my jeans are as tight as as the day I started!

I know, it takes time to gain this weight, and it will take time to loose it, and im in it for the long haul. But I see so many stories on here of people who loose 5-10 lbs in the first month, but 3? I know I will hit plateaus and have weeks of small to no change... but... already? I have 80 lbs to loose, and it would have been nice to see a nice drop on the scale after making a healthy lifestyle change.

Is anyone else going though something similar, or did they when they first started?
  • bizgirl26
    Options
    Emily... How is your sodium intake? It could be that you are eating too much and it's water weight. Also watch your tracking. I know there are huge differences sometimes in what the tracker says the calories are and what they actually are.I have did a lot of comparisons. Sometimes they under value meals and it is better to input them in separately. Also try measuring your food if you dont. Maybe you are eating more than you think? Also MFP overestimates calories burned through exercise so I only eat back half of mine to stay on the safe side. Hope that helps a bit
  • bizgirl26
    Options
    I am lifting weights all this week instead of cardio to help my calf get better. I am excited to track my measurements again at the end of June as I feel I have got a bit smaller. I only track my measurements once a month .I weigh myself everyday but only track once a week but if it stays what it says it will be a good week :happy:
  • victoria43068
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I have had a decent week. Lost 2 lbs this week. Finally seeing a difference in the way clothes fit, not just number on scale after a month! So that is very motivating. I am working out a little longer each week as I am getting stronger. Started out lifting 5 lb weights, and now up to 20 lb. weights . Drinking more water every day. Helps having even your kids be supportive in your endeavor! Tomorrow will be extremely emotional day for my family. It is the one year anniversary of the day my step-son was murdered. I needed to get some emotions out, so wrote about it in my blog. Luckily, we can all be together tomorrow to support each other, and remember all the great memories we have of him. And enjoy time with the two sweet little girls he left behind. I hope all have a great week! I truly enjoy all the support here. Vicki