Weight question!

psmd
psmd Posts: 764 Member
I gained 4 pounds in the last 24 hours! I know that's not possible in real life but is it possible in pregnancy??? I am 10w6d and until today had hovered around 145 the last two weeks, today I'm 149! I worked an overnight shift (only do this 1-2x per month) and ate an unusually big breakfast. I'm 5'2 for reference. Thanks!

Replies

• JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    JustAnotherGirlSuzanne Posts: 932 Member
    What did you eat the day before? I find if my food is high in sodium I'm more likely to retain water and weigh more. Also, did you weigh yourself at exactly the same time of day? (i.e., in the morning before any food and after using the washroom)?
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    I agree with above. Must've been something you ate. Check again in a few days & see where you are. Drink plenty of water. I'm sure it was food weight & not all baby weight. :)
  • hiba_84
    hiba_84 Posts: 177 Member
    It must be water weight. Drink plenty of water and wait for a few days, it will probably wash off of your system.
    I was so bloated the entire first tri. Once it passed, things reverted back to normal. Then I started to put on real weight lol.
  • meggwyn
    meggwyn Posts: 226 Member
    Weight can fluctuate by that much easily! Unfortunately for me, when I'm pregnant, it never seems to go back down when I have a jump. but it will stay even for a while before climbing again. Hormones, water retention, bloating, etc.
  • psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    Thanks, now that you mention it, I think my dinner the night before that has sodium. And I did not check my way at my usual time. I checked it way later than normal after I had eaten. It is already down a couple of pounds two days later now. Though I had another sodium filled dinner I think. :( I think going back to work tomorrow will be a lot easier. I seem to be able to stick butter two regular food schedule when I work regular hours.

Thanks for all the input!