Goals for Ramadan

Options
TasnimEz
TasnimEz Posts: 280 Member
Any specific (spiritual) goals for Ramadan? I'm hoping to spend more time with the Qur'an and dhikr, and reading with my kids.. We'll go to Sweden in sha Allah so husband is finally off from work so we can spend the whole month together.

What do you want to focus on during this blessed month? :flowerforyou:

Also.. anyone up for a discussion thread as Ramadan begins? Don't know how to pin a post and we don't seem to have any moderators anymore, but still.. :tongue: I was thinking a thread where we share our goals and progress as the we go. Sounds like a plan? :smile:

Replies

• tmaryam
    tmaryam Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of friends who are doing the "30 day Hijaab Challenge" to wear hijaab all 30 days and insha'Allah after Ramadan as well. I already wear the hijaab full-time, (niqaab part-time) so I'm doing the 30-day niqaab challenge. I can't wear it while seeing patients, of course, but I'll wear it as much as possible. That's just the outward goal, all my inward spiritual goals are between me and Allah. :smile: I wish everyone success! :flowerforyou:
  • TasnimEz
    TasnimEz Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Never heard of that hijab challenge, sounds like a good idea :smile:
    Thanks for sharing!
  • Hamibal
    Hamibal Posts: 6
    Options
    This is my first Ramadan so I'm shooting for a lot of goals! :) I want to re-read the whole Qu'ran, pray more, visit my local mosque for the first time (after I manage to locate one~), and not mess up my fast! I'm so excited!
    I think I might also participate in the 30 Day Hijab Challenge insha Allah after hearing about it. I'm a recent revert and I've been wearing the hijab for about two weeks now, only one week full time. I'd love to wear it for 30 days full time! Thanks so much for sharing the challenge!
  • tmaryam
    Options
    This is my first Ramadan so I'm shooting for a lot of goals! :) I want to re-read the whole Qu'ran, pray more, visit my local mosque for the first time (after I manage to locate one~), and not mess up my fast! I'm so excited!
    I think I might also participate in the 30 Day Hijab Challenge insha Allah after hearing about it. I'm a recent revert and I've been wearing the hijab for about two weeks now, only one week full time. I'd love to wear it for 30 days full time! Thanks so much for sharing the challenge!

MashaAllah, very happy to hear you're going to try the 30 day challenge. May Allah make it easy for you!
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Due to chronic illness, my main goal for this Ramadan is to be able to fast for all thirty days, and if not that, at least 15 of the thirty! This will be my first Ramadan living with a debilitating chronic illness, and I may be bedridden the entire month, so another goal is to improve enough that I can move around during my fast! :smile:
  • tmaryam
    Options
    Due to chronic illness, my main goal for this Ramadan is to be able to fast for all thirty days, and if not that, at least 15 of the thirty! This will be my first Ramadan living with a debilitating chronic illness, and I may be bedridden the entire month, so another goal is to improve enough that I can move around during my fast! :smile:

I'm in a similar situation. I have chronic illness so I am exempt from fasting completely, but I'm going to try this year. I can't fast right now due to girly reasons, but as soon as I am able, I'm going to try it for a day and see if my illness gets worse. If I am not harmed by fasting, I will keep going. If I become more ill, I already have my fidyah arranged for 4 families in Palestine, which I will send regardless. The only difference is whether my intention is fidya or sadaqah.