This is going to sound super immature...

Options
ZOOpergal
ZOOpergal Posts: 176 Member
I never was a huge fan of the Xena TV show, although I admit in the first few seasons it was a guilty pleasure of mine...But I of course dug the whole innuendo of the Xena/Gabrielle relationship...I stopped watching and have only a vague idea what went on during the later seasons...including the series finale...For some reason I was thinking about the show the other day and YouTubed it...and I think i got the gist of what happens in the finale....and how obsured is this...but I was CRUSHED! I've actually felt heartbroken ever since! How silly, especially since I stopped watching the show years ago. I have decided I need to purchase the box set to watch it from beginning to end...but I'm afraid it will just crush me further...Haha...I feel so silly. Perhaps there is something bigger going on with me, and that just struck a chord.

Replies

• Chelsea_O
    Chelsea_O Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I was 5 yrs old when I started watching Xena with my dad... she was my first female crush lol It never occurred to me to look it up again and see what happened with the show. Now you've got me curious! I don't think it's silly to be emotionally affected by a tv show, it's happened to me multiple times. Unrelated to Xena, but the finale to Rosanne left me depressed for a whole day =/
  • rainbowfaye
    rainbowfaye Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I love the show Xena. That being said, I cannot get through the last season and have not watched the finale. Other then the last season, I have watched every episode 3-4 times and my favorite episodes innumerable times. I just really hate the last season. I keep telling myself this time I will watch it all the way through. Then I put on one of the funny episodes from the first season. Oops. :embarassed:
  • ZOOpergal
    ZOOpergal Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I love the show Xena. That being said, I cannot get through the last season and have not watched the finale. Other then the last season, I have watched every episode 3-4 times and my favorite episodes innumerable times. I just really hate the last season. I keep telling myself this time I will watch it all the way through. Then I put on one of the funny episodes from the first season. Oops. :embarassed:
    From the little I have seen on youtube, it seems the last season is very dark...much unlike the lightheartedness of the earlier seasons.
  • exwilson
    exwilson Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'm a Xena fan. There, I said it. It feels good to get that out there.

A couple of years ago, I watched the entire series in order on Netflix. It was freaking awesome! The most depressing part for me was when Xena and Gabrielle go all Rip van Winkle for a few years. When they wake up Joxer's old and Argo's dead (But Joxer's son is bangin!). But I liked the last season, even if it did get dark and weird. The finale does tug on the heart strings.

PS - My dog's name is Xena the Warrior Puppy. We're thinking about getting her a little sister and naming her Gabrielle.
  • MartialPanda
    MartialPanda Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Xena is my girlfriend's favorite show so she said I HAVE TO WATCH IT. Surprisingly enough I actually liked it. It's funny and dopey but I like it. I forgive it for all the silliness. Yes the last season is extremely sad but they do do a good job with some upbeat ones. The futuristic one is quite hilarious. They give so little f***s in the last one and is extremely gay. The last episode is not as bad as I thought actually. I'm actually completely at peace with it. If you haven't watched it you absolutely should.

Also, woof to Gabrielle. Dem abs doe!