Chat and accountability 6/9/14

Options
heronh
heronh Posts: 529 Member
Hi Everybody how was your week?

I think i did ok I average 1670K including my carb nite.

Hurt my hand (Tendonitis) and have to skip Muay Thai for a while but it got me back to running which I've been slacking ever since i started Muay Thai.

Have been concentrating on training my new dog now that I have no foster at the moment and I have to say she is improving faster than I thought. I love it when she figures things out. Such a proud moment for me.
I've also been doing good at social situation which surprised me because I love my wine!!! But I am also sick of gaining and losing the same 12lb for the past year this year I really hit or get as close to my goal as possible.

Replies

• angelaneale
    angelaneale Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hi All! So far my week is not going well. My house is currently swarming with freaking termites! I've never seen anything like it. A guy is coming out tomorrow to "inspect" and hopefully the house will be tented this weekend. It's really disturbing to have these things every-freaking-where in the house. Also, one of my dog's is sick (again) and I just dropped about $600 on her a couple of weeks ago. On top of that my tire on my car keeps losing air to where I have to add air once a week. I have an appt for tomorrow to have that fixed. Waaaah! Sorry for the negative post. I also managed to eat a whole sub from Publix at lunch and I feel incredibly sick now. Wish I didn't do that as even a half of a sub is way too much food. Oh and I had two sugar cookies as well. Hopefully I will be better tonight and tomorrow withe the choices I make.

It's great that you are back to running and that your dog is learning so quickly!
  • howie6267
    howie6267 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear you are having such a rough time Angela. Sorry about your hand too heronh. Just keep doing what you know to be right and the weight will come off. I know what a struggle that can be.

Things are going good for me this week. I had to much on my treat night but I was able to cut some calories a couple other nights to put me where I should be for the week. I really hope to make it under the 300 mark this week or next.
  • markd_cronenwett
    markd_cronenwett Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Termites... yuck!! I knew there was a reason I love massively cold climates :D

Posting from the road right now (ok, I am not driving) in Parma, Idaho. Joshua just finished up his big Ironman shooting match. Nothing like running around for 3 days in the hot sun!! It was 46 at our place and darn near 90 here.

Even on the road we had all the meals and snacks planned, so we have been doing well. Tonight we will go off track a little bit with a trip to a Chinese Buffet place we like. Overall very small bump so I am sure I will be ok as this was planned.

Chat with ya'll later.
  • howie6267
    Options
    Being on the road is the hardest time to stay on plan, good job!
  • markd_cronenwett
    markd_cronenwett Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Howie, we did pretty darn good. Even with my eating out for Chinese :D

I will say the stress cursors were in full swing on the return trip though. In the middle of the big long flat stretch between Boise and Twin Falls we had a spectacular tread separation and blowout on a 5th Wheel tire. That cause some damage to the side and underneath. We got it the 80 miles into Jerome and got a new tire so we would still have a spare. Then outside of Twin Falls as we were starting the 180 miles of nothing trek over the Continental Divide we had the same thing happen to another tire (same side). This one really did some damage, even taking out a chunk of the floor. At the late hour, I took the risk and went for Butte.. at a subdued pace. Anyway, I was stressing pretty good on Monida Pass, hoping for a Burger King to come into sight... good thing there is nothing out there. So we just kept driving and actually made it all the way home. All I know right now is I need 4 new tires on the trailer and another $1000 for repairs.
  • angelaneale
    Options
    Mark - I'm glad you made it back home. What a long trip that was...plus it was very expensive. You got me beat for the suckiest and most expensive week. I'm out $215 for a new tire and $115 for the speeding ticket I got on the way to the dealership. LOL! Our house will get tented for termites in a few weeks but our landlords will pay for that. I didn't know this about termites, but the only swarm for less than a week and then you won't see them again. The good part is that you won't see them again, the bad part is that's because they are busy eating your house. My dog was "magically" better before we ever made a vet appt so that was good. She does that often but usually we end up spending a few hundred at the vet before her symptoms disappear.

I did go on a grocery shopping trip that was awesome. This was right after I paid for the new tire and got my ticket. I went shopping with no regard for food quality or nutrient density. I bought whatever the hell I wanted and didn't think twice about it. It was so easy and even somewhat fun. Kind of liberating too as I was able to buy stuff in boxes and bags from aisles (as opposed to just the perimeter), and foods already prepared from the deli! We have had so much to eat at the house that required only that we open the dang package; I've really enjoyed it. I went so far off the rails with what I ate that I stopped trying to keep up with it in MFP for a couple of the days. I really wish that I did so that I can go back and look when I weigh myself and take my measurements next time. I've maintained my workouts during this time, but I'm sure I've gained at least 5 lbs as I've managed to outgrow my recently purchased work pants. It's honestly been pretty fun though. If only we could out exercise a crappy diet.

Have a great weekend everyone!
  • howie6267
    Options
    Wow I am glad I did not have Mark and Angela's week. Mark that is fantastic that you ate healthy with all that stress.

It’s Friday the 13th but it’s starting out really well for me. The scale showed 299 this morning. I no longer weigh 3 something. I have said this twice in my life, once in 1992 and again in 2005, so the 3rd time better be the charm. I WILL NEVER LET MYSELF GET ABOVE 300 LBS AGAIN!
  • howie6267
    Options
    You guys should watch this. What a fantastic inspiration. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FSZJu448
  • angelaneale
    Options
    Congradulations Howie! That's fabulous!!!!:bigsmile: