no weight loss 2nd post op week

Options
I've been up and down this week and settled at exactly the same weight after a 11 lb loss the first week. I changed to full from clear liquids so I know its probably fluid shifts. Anyone else have this experience the second week?

Replies

• Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Excellent loss for your first week. Watch your salt intake. I was using premade soups at first and I retained a lot from the sodium. When I began to purée my own food with low sodium chicken broth or Greek yogurt I started losing again. Keep walking and drinking water to wash out the fat. Water really does make you lose faster.
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Mangopickle makes a good point. Also, going from clear to full liquids may have upped your fat intake a little as well, so in turn calories. Between the two that could be the reason. Like she said, keep getting in your water and walking and you will start to lose again soon.
  • Ujj7
    Ujj7 Posts: 51
    Options
    yay, down 1 lb today for my official 2wk weight! down total 12 lb from preop. Thanks for the suggestions, yes I'm sure the sodium is higher in the premade soups.