Veloviewer

Options
Lukejacksmum
Lukejacksmum Posts: 30 Member
Anyone else use Veloviewer? I am having problems on Strava trying to click on the group to see my placing?

Replies

• TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,686 Member
    Options
    I'm a pretty keen Veloviewer user, yeah... (unsurprising to anyone who knows me, I'm a complete bike stats nerd!)

While I'm a member of the Veloviewer "Club" on Strava, I must confess I don't often actually look in the club page, as my distance and climbing stats make depressing reading in comparison to the other people in the group (i'm currently languishing at 495/1360 for this weeks distance for example) but I seem to be able to get into the group okay - this is on a PC of course, I don't really "do" the app version, and I really, REALLY wish they'd bring out a proper native iPad version (just for viewing - not about to strap the iPad to my back or 'bars) because some of the "buttons" on Strava don't seem to work properly (they are invisible, but still clickable if that makes any sense) when I view the website version in Chrome for iPad.

But, most of my use of Veloviewer is actually IN Veloviewer itself, playing with the "3d profiles" and getting annoyed with myself for not being able to climb anything larger than a molehill...
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,686 Member
    Options
    Hmm, could be bad news... Ben (the guy behind Veloviewer) is having to take the route of making it by Subscription... It's quite a reasonable price IMO for what it does, if you're a stat's nerd like me... £10 a year, but for casual users, it's a bit of a shame really. Hopefully, however, it'll allow him to actually make enough money out of the project to turn it into a proper income, and alloy him to really get some development work done on it... He's a talented programmer, and I look forward to seeing where he manages to take it.