workout

Options
truddy6647
truddy6647 Posts: 519 Member
ok is it just me or do u find yourself struggling with doing a workout on a daily basis? so many times i hear others say well get a workout partner.........well when u do not know anyone and live in a small town that is easier said than done.....ugh

Replies

• loriarty
    loriarty Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I do. I've had friends offer to work out with me... but they are all in better shape than me so I just get nervous. I now joined a 2r hour gym and go at midnight so I am basically alone and its helped me.
  • truddy6647
    truddy6647 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    i have found i do better with a partner but i no longer have one and dont know anyone in my town that goes to my gym i have talked with the owner about if there was others that expressed that they were looking for a workout partner but that didnt go over well she is not very apprachable in fact i usually avoid her
  • schaaf95
    schaaf95 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    One thing that I have found that it is harder to do a workout if you do not have a pre-set routine. It becomes discouraging when you get to the gym and you are not sure what the best routine is to do. Me, if I do not have a routine, I find myself on the elliptical and "ab machines". A partner does help, because you can push each other further than you really want to go. I am competitive by nature, it is the Marine in me, and I want to do as well or better than the person I am working out with, I don't get that intense by myself. If you are by yourself, find a routine, some sites have mobile apps that have pre-set routines which make it easier. Just don't give up!