5K on sunday and looking for a PR

2»

Replies

• fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    I hate when Dave and Carson disagree. It leaves me lost as to what to do! ;)

Dave does more 5 K's, I would likely stick with his advice. Carson is more of a long distance expert, but Dave is too. I don't know!
  • _Josee_
    _Josee_ Posts: 625 Member
    I, too, have a 5K coming up on Sunday. Fast, flat out and back. I've not done much specific training for running that pace, so we'll see what happens.

I'm also looking forward to seeing how you will do!

This will be my 4th 5K race:

June 2013: 29:42
    August 2013: 27:45
    March 2014: 23:00

At this point I'll be happy with any gain I can make... PRing by 4:45 minutes won't happen anymore haha
  • davemunger
    davemunger Posts: 1,139 Member
    Ha! We don't disagree. I was thinking along the same lines as Dave. I think 7:00 to 7:05 for the first mile would be taking it easy. I see her running something like 7:05, 7:01, 6:57, :33.

:)

That sounds pretty good to me. So we do agree, we just have different ways of saying it!
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Ha! We don't disagree. I was thinking along the same lines as Dave. I think 7:00 to 7:05 for the first mile would be taking it easy. I see her running something like 7:05, 7:01, 6:57, :33.

:)

That sounds pretty good to me. So we do agree, we just have different ways of saying it!

Probably just a difference in internal definition of taking it easy. :smile:
  • ZenInTexas
    ZenInTexas Posts: 781 Member
    I, too, have a 5K coming up on Sunday. Fast, flat out and back. I've not done much specific training for running that pace, so we'll see what happens.

I'm also looking forward to seeing how you will do!

This will be my 4th 5K race:

June 2013: 29:42
    August 2013: 27:45
    March 2014: 23:00

At this point I'll be happy with any gain I can make... PRing by 4:45 minutes won't happen anymore haha
    C'mon, you can do a sub 20. I believe in you. :wink:
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    PR or 18well-blogSpan.jpg
  • _Josee_
    _Josee_ Posts: 625 Member
    PR or 18well-blogSpan.jpg

Haha that's the goal!
  • valentine4
    valentine4 Posts: 233 Member
    how did you get on Josee & Carson ? hope it went well for both of you
  • valentine4
    valentine4 Posts: 233 Member
    Sorry my fault, I saw ur results on the other page. I would be chuffed with them! hope your foot heals quickly J