Fitness

Options
poncho33
poncho33 Posts: 1,511
Hey all, I've been away for a bit.... apparently doing a little too much fishing and beer drinking. Jumped on the old scale this morning to find I gained 10 pounds over the long *kitten* winter we had in Minnesota. So I'm back on the fitness and nutrition path, with the goal of shedding 30 by the end of October.

So where are all of you at with fitness?? Any new work outs pop up in the last half year that I should be aware of??

Replies

• farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Burpees still suck. Sorry man. :) Fishing and beer drinking! Yay for that.
  • bd0027
    bd0027 Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Talking about burpees makes me remember how much I HATE weighted squats. I wish I was happy enough with my butt to not feel the need to do them.

If you like running, try the Zombies, Run! app. It's awesome.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Weight wise I've been bouncing up and down the same 4-7 lbs. Though the scale doesn't reflect a loss, I know I am making progress because my clothes are getting bigger/looser fitting, my lifting numbers are increasing and I feel stronger. My endurance is improving when it comes to cardio, like with burpees. A while back I could only do 2 burpees in 1 minute before I was dying. Now I am up to 4 almost 5 a minute. :tongue: Without a shirt I also look less fluffy than I was 3 months ago. I never have cared about the number on the scale anyways. I focus on just getting fitter and stronger than I was yesterday. I also check in with my doctor every 4 months and everything there is good. Blood pressure, etc etc and still med free.

I am doing a mix of both cardio and lifting heavy things up, and then putting them back down. Compound movements, squats, deadlifts, bench press with flexibility exercises mixed in. Cardio I do kickboxing classes, walk and jog, swim and ride the bike. I recently joined a Iron Man challenge on MFP for the month of June. I go to the gym 3-4x a week and walk/jog outside 2x a week. I'll admit, there are days when I don't feel like going but I have 5 gym crushes :blushing: and the idea of seeing one of them helps in getting me to go when I don't feel like it.:bigsmile:
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    A while back I could only do 2 burpees in 1 minute before I was dying. Now I am up to 4 almost 5 a minute. :tongue:
    Ok, so you made me feel a little more realistic, in the fact that how much weight you've lost and you are going at what I'd call "my pace"! Thank you!!! That probably doesn't make sense but thank you!
    I'll admit, there are days when I don't feel like going but I have 5 gym crushes :blushing: and the idea of seeing one of them helps in getting me to go when I don't feel like it.:bigsmile:
    And this makes me giggle. I need a gym crush. The only guy in there is married, and really not my type. LOL