Low calorie snacks

Options
Hey ladies!
I thought it might be fun to share our favorite low cal foods so we can get ideas from others. Eating the same foods can get boring! I'm always looking for new things to try.
Share away...

Replies

• draculaspointer
    draculaspointer Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Ive been eating a lot of melon (watermelon, cantelope, fonzi melon) and other fruit. High in sugar...but generally low(er) calorie. Other favorites which have held on from during my pregnancy: fruit snacks (usually less than 100 calories per pouch), fiber one brownies, popcorn.

I am not brave enough to start eating raw veggies yet since Im still trying to avoid gas, but veggies with hummus, ranch, or tzaziki sauce is yummy.
  • amylynna1
    amylynna1 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    My fav snacks are popcorn unbuttered or light butter. Also nutrigrain bars, bananas and apples. I have been eating rice cakes but they dont taste the best.
  • firefly6682
    Options
    Bananas and apples here! I love a 'grab 'n go' snack, yet refuse to buy prepackaged stuff - just seems so expensive to me!
  • anniejeanb
    Options
    Snacks and lunch all blends together for me, but here's what I've been big on:

My grocery store (Publix) sells snack packs of baby carrots (maybe 10 in a bag) in the produce section. I'll do one of those and dip the carrots in a low-cal dressing or hummus if I want something with more substance. With dressing It ends up being about 100 cal, and with hummus around 150-200 (depending on your dipping style).

I am also big on yogurt -- my favorite is Liberte vanilla, which is about 250 calories, so either a snack or if you don't have time for lunch it's great. And fresh tomatoes sliced up with salt/pepper and a side of cottage cheese. One large tomato + a quarter cup of 4% milk cottage cheese is only about 200 calories.
  • LuckyNumbers
    LuckyNumbers Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I have been doing a handful of almonds, prunes (also helpful for that PP regularity), an apple with peanut butter, a slice of cheese, raw carrots, a slice of toast with jam, or sugar snap peas. It's gotta be stupid simple for me, or else I will make a really bad decision.
  • Melanie529
    Melanie529 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've been loving veggie sticks (I forget what brand I have bought, but you can have 38 of them for less than 150 calories!), Edy's Fruit bars (the strawberry ones are only 70 calories), fresh pears and watermelon, and some pita bread and hummus. I normally LOVE Muller yogurt (Greek or regular) but both of my first two babies had dairy sensitivities, so I've been hesitant to have much with this little guy, even though it doesn't seem to bother him.