Your Go to Recipes for Lunch and Dinner

priceless97
priceless97 Posts: 27 Member
I'd love for us to start a thread on sharing recipes for those tasty recipes that you make for your meals. Anyone have the recipe for the noodless lasagna soup? Just to get the ball rolling!

Only thing I've done is mixed cooked ground turkey meat in my eggs and that was a good breakfast!

Bridgette

Replies

• authorwriter
    authorwriter Posts: 323 Member
    Well, today I discovered that shrimp goes down very easily. And it's a good mix with vegetables. I had some broccoli and cauliflower today, but tomorrow I'm having with spinach. And yes, a little cocktail sauce. It felt really gourmet after all the yogurt and veggie burger patties I've been eating.

I know. It's simple. Do a search on somebody named eggface, her blog. She has amazing recipes.
  • karensdream
    karensdream Posts: 135 Member
    another good website for recipes and lots of great information is Bariatric Foodie.com. She has a couple of recipe books that are available on Amazon both in paperback and for e readers like Nook and Kindle. She is the queen of protein shakes and has tons of recipes for just about anything you could want.
  • relentless2121
    relentless2121 Posts: 431 Member
    I am pre-surgery but a recipe I used to make a lot was Weight Watchers "Salsa Meatloaf".
    I'm sure you can substitute ground turkey for ground beef.
    You can look it up but basically it's combining leaning ground meat, veggies, salsa or low-sodium sodium and some quaker quick oats and mushing it all up together and putting it in a cake pan and baking it.
    I would use onions, different colors of peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes and sometimes carrots.
    I'm sure people could substitute something for the quick oats or leave it out all together and it would still bake fine.
    You can portion it out and weigh the ounces and then freeze the portions to have a quick, healthy protein to heat up.
    I'm sure this will be one of my go to recipes after surgery as I can make about 20 portions at once and not have to cook so much.
    I believe in cooking in bulk as I live alone.
    I hope that some people enjoy making this.
    These days I know a lot of people like to make meatloaf in muffin tins. I don't see why you couldn't make this recipe in muffin tins. :)
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    I am a big fan of yummly. These are not low carb recipes but they are the most highly rated recipes for any given food. I just looked at all the recipes for lasagna soup, used those ingredients and left out the noodles. The next recipe I plan to make is empanadas. I just won't be making the wrapper. I will make the filling and eat it in a bowl. I just look for a fabulous recipe and leave out the starch. As noelbouquet points out, you don't need the wrap, the bread, the noodles, the rice. Now sometimes I do want a starch but I use quinoa, amaranth, millet, beans, Kamut, gourds or hominy instead of the high glycemic wheat , potato and rice or ground corn products.
  • juliebccs
    juliebccs Posts: 233
    I too discovered that shrimp (or prawns as we call them here) is a great go to meal today.
    I crushed 1/2 clove of garlic, added just 2.5 gm butter, fried them up and added 100gm uncooked prawns (from a bag of frozen but defrosted for my meal).
    I then added a little amount of frozen stir fry veggies. Oh wow. It was without doubt the most delicious meal I have had in 4 months. And it met so many requirements. It was so lovely, I left just one little prawn for my husband to taste. I did leave him some juices too. Hmmm,,,,thinking of making some more now.