Best protein powders in the UK?

Options
2»

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to add on muscle to my frame and am wondering whether I should add a shake of some kind to my diet? I wouldn't be looking at using it as a meal replacement but as an additional supplement. I used to take one called 'Precision Engineered Muscle Size Gainer Powder' which tasted perfectly fine, however didn't see much improvements. Any advice would be appreciated, also what do people think of BCAA tablets?

You only need to supplement with protein shakes if you aren't meeting your protein goal.
    There's nothing magic about protein shakes for muscle building - just a liquid food that is high protein and very convenient. A very common recommendation is 1g of protein per pound of Lean Body Mass.

The big guys in the gym drinking protein shakes also lift big weights!

• JaxDemon
    JaxDemon Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Has to be The Protein Works. Loved the Choc Morello Cherry when they did that. Now it's all about the Caramel Machiato. Also Bulk powders are another good one. Toffee Popcorn is lush.
  • I'm another fan of the protein works I use their shakes, bars & have their choc mousse to try too!
  • helsch007
    helsch007 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I always check out the ASDA or Tesco offers. I don't by them because they taste nice in fact I don't really care about the taste and stop nose breathing when I down it. Anything that goes for less or around £20 goes into my shopping cart when I need more protein. It has worked well for rebuilding my calf muscles.
  • longandpink
    longandpink Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I just ordered from the protein works. Very quick, took one day and has so many other things. I also got cal free syrup. and you get a free bag if you get the code online and 20% first order. NO i am not advertising lol. Just passing on a good deed.
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I use matrix - either anabolic gold or Diet . The diet formula as a higher carb ratio but seems to be good for a recovery drink. The gold seems good quality and cheap