Week 5 Challenge

Options
strawmama
strawmama Posts: 623 Member
Let's talk food... I wanna hear your favorite quick recipes. Like, say, 15 minutes or less to prepare?

Annnnd go!

Replies

• crepes_
    crepes_ Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Minute flax muffin with sweetened cream cheese:
    10g melted butter
    28g flaxseed
    1 egg
    1/2 tsp baking powder
    Sweetener to taste
    1/2 tsp extract of choice

I like to make variations. Lemon poppyseed, pumpkin butter with pepitas, apple butter with cinnamon and nutmeg, etc. I top this with 2oz cream cheese mixed with sweetener. It's a hefty serving of fiber and takes less than 15mins to make.
    Creamy Cauliflower
    100g cooked cauliflower, chopped
    100g mushrooms, raw, chopped
    2oz cream cheese

Toss cauliflower and mushrooms in pan, season (I like Italian seasonings), add 2oz cream cheese for creamycheeseygoodness.
    Toasted Chickpeas

Drain and rinse can of chickpeas. Season with cumin, paprika, tumeric, pepper, and salt to taste. Add to dry heated pan. Move the pan around occasionally to prevent sticking or burning. You'll notice the chickpeas 'popping' and getting toasted. Remove from heat when golden, serve immediately.
  • mfrankrn
    mfrankrn Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Favorite breakfast:

4 ounces of cauliflower, chopped into small, hashbrown size pieces
    1-2 Tbsp bacon fat
    2 pieces bacon
    2 eggs

Cook the cauliflower in the bacon fat about 8 minutes, until tender. Place cauliflower on a plate, cook 2 eggs in pan (I do over-easy) and put on top of cauliflower. Add 2 pieces of bacon crumbled on top.

(I pre-cook bacon and microwave pieces when I am ready to use them)

Favorite lunch: Salad- no specific recipes, just leftover meat and whatever veggies I have on hand, very quick and easy

I don't have any 15 minute dinner recipes off the top of my head

Favorite snack-

Pineapple softserve-
    2 pieces of frozen pineapple, chopped into smaller pieces
    1/3 c. heavy whipping cream (cold)
    put in food processor until no more chuncks of pineapple remain
  • crepes_
    crepes_ Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower cheesy fried... things
    Mix shredded cheddar cheese with equally sized cauliflower. I like to use cooked cauliflower with the liquid strained veryvery well. Add an egg and seasonings of your choice. Form into patties and fry 2 mins on each size. Deeeelicious.

My recipe naming and writing are clearly my strong suits.