Ugh....

Options
ELMunque
ELMunque Posts: 136 Member
Nobody has posted in a while so I decided to come on here and whine a little.

My husband leaves for work in august..... he won't be back until November..... and he's working nights until then. I see him 1 hour a day, and then I get him all weekend. Which is usually great for my workout schedule, especially in the summer, but I've had to work late so often to accomodate other needs. I can't use any vacation days because we are going on vacation before he leaves and I only use sick time if it's impossible to make it up. I'm so tired!!!!

On a bitter sweet note... my middle son made it in to an amazing military academy where he tested high enough to skip 3 grades and he is in line to graduate highschool with an associated degree. The bitter part is that he lives at the school so I'm losing him in august too.

I have to work late today and tomorrow, I have dr. apt's all day on Wednesday and then equestrian practice on Thursday night after work, so only Friday to work out.... and then hopefully I will be back to my normal busy schedule, I can't wait.

Being a single mom of 6 is hard (that is what I consider myself when hubby isn't home even though I know it's not the same because I still have 2 incomes and it's a lot harder for those that don't have that).... hell being a single mom of 1 is hard.

End of my whining, that was all the time I allowed myself to feel sorry for me, there's no time for that!

I know that there are some single mom's on here so Happy Father's day to all the mom's who get to play both rolls.

Replies

• stormbornkraken
    stormbornkraken Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    You are AMAZING! I am so glad I came on here to read this. I have been stalemate with my fitness journey mostly because I want to cry with everything on my agenda. I am not sure I have a right to whine looking at what you posted.

Right now my job is taking up so much time! I work at a local college (actually with HS students who take dual enrollment courses to get an early start, like your son!) and we are in a crunch getting things squared away for fall semester. Putting in between 50-60 hrs a week, with the husband and two little ones. The kids are great but I am on the last legs of my masters and I can't survive the weight. What makes it worse is my husband isn't being supportive and gives me grief about all the time I am busy elsewhere. Seriously!!

Anyhow, just trying to breath and take one day at a time. Just don't know how to stay happy with all of this and keep fitness a part of it. There is not enough time for work, school, family and me.

It is nice to know I am not alone! Hope things are looking up for you these days.
    Keep inspiring! :flowerforyou:
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    hang in there girls!!!!!

Our schedules are crazy and hard for sure!!!!!

I Know I Feel so much better when I make sure to get that 30 minutes of fitness in, even though its so hard!

Keep up the good work.

You are both incredibly busy.

Nancy
  • ELMunque
    ELMunque Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Thank you Nancy!

Storm - my kids are a little older now (10-17) but I worked 2 jobs (one full and one part time), with 2 kids while going to college and I can hands down, tell you that I have absolutely no idea how I did it, and you are getting your masters! That some hard work! You can survive it and when you are done with school, you will barely remember how hard it was, but you'll always be proud of the accomplishment, and so will your kids.

I'm sorry your husband isn't very supportive, my husband isn't able to be anything other than emotionally supportive because we never see eachother, but I do have that and I'm so greatful for it. If you ever need a boost to your self esteem and confidence post in here and I'll do what I can!!!

How old are your kiddos? If they are toddler or older, use them as your support system, when you are tired and stressed from work and school, take a break and dance around the livingroom with them, for the longest time that was the only work out I got, and now we all still do it about once a week, usually friday nights, because it's fun, it's destressing it's quality time and it burns calories.

Good Luck!!! And whine away if you need to, just don't let the upset become you, it'll pass and everything else will be so worth it!