Check in June 17

Options
Good morning ladies,

My second day getting on the elliptical.. This is huge for me. Did a little Bette yesterday staying away for sugar and compulsive eating

I didn't get a chance to check in myself yesterday but I did read your posts and was encouraged by them!

Have a great day, I'll be back later!

Maryellen in Fkorida

Replies

• KarenZen
    KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Hi Maryellen, thanks for getting us started. I love hearing that you're plugging away on the elliptical--even if you start slow, you've started--what a great accomplishment!

Pat, I read the frustration over your biking and hope your asthma won't stop you from riding. Just like with your walking, set some small goals and then gradually increase. You KNOW how fast your map will grow! You've made such incredible progress!

This morning I have an ambitious list to tackle and am hoping being active will keep me from overeating. One of the consequences of yesterday is waking up STARVING. That's all the sugar and carbs in my system, so now I get to detox again. I'm going to make a big pitcher of iced green tea and get started right.

I hope everyone has a fabulous day--Carle Saladum--seize the salad.
    Karen in Maine
  • NorahCait
    NorahCait Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    So glad for you Maryellen! It's no small feat getting started.

Karen, I'm so sorry about the screw up at your doctor's office. Ugh. What a pain!!! Good to hear you're determined to get back on top of things today, though. Hopefully that green tea will keep you going through your list!

I need to work on practicing patience this week. I find myself getting frustrated that I'm not making any gains in my strength training. I'm not going up in weight -- just trying to finish out my sets and reps. I know that this takes time, especially when you're eating at a deficit and doing a lot of cardio. I find myself getting discouraged and wanting to quit because it's hard and I feel like there's no reward. Not to mention I have to do this in the part of the gym filled with people who are actually fit! I have to refocus on the journey and not the results. My written goal even reflects that -- "strength train 3x/week," not "get stronger." Just doing this is good for me, and I have to remind myself of that.

I guess I should be grateful that the jogging and changing my diet has been relatively easy with quick results :P
  • blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    I woke up this morning to the Universe breaking through my Spam filter again and sending me a message.. He only does it when I really need to hear something form him so it is kind of cool. Today is very fitting and it really made me thing of everyone on here, including myself and the struggles we face in the weight loss journey we are on.

Imagine standing at the edge of a forest, and that you want to reach the other side.

Would you walk a straight line through it? Or, might the path meander in every possible direction, around boulders, between trees, along a stream, feeding the deer, conversing with the owls, and roasting marshmallows?

Yeah, every possible direction, because this is how things are in a forest.

Tree!
    The Universe

So, moral of the story is, it's never a straight shot. There will always be obstacles in our path, but if we just ran right through that forest, imagine the beauty and discoveries we would miss? Ponder on that for a bit......TREE!!!
  • artelyn
    artelyn Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Morning!

Maryellen, great job on the elliptical! Just remember, no matter how long you are on it, you are on there longer than someone who hasn't even started! keep up the good work!

Karen, sounds like yesterday sucked big donkey balls. I hope today goes much much better for you! And you are right, keeping busy does help but remember to take time to eat or you will be so busy you forgot to eat and then be starving and make not so great choices again. You can do. Yesterday is in the books. Today starts a new day.

Norah have you tried taking measurements or pictures? I did the gym/weights all winter and even though my food part was not where it should be, I was seeing the progress of weights through the pictures. My weight fluctuated between 5-10 lbs all winter but I could see changes especially in my back and arms because of the weights. Strength will come. Keep on keeping on!

Heather, Thanks for sharing that! It was awesome and totally makes sense to this journey we are on. I do believe I have been circling the same 5 trees since November though and the birthday challenge is helping me wander over to some different trees now! Ha! At least I hope it does!

Another nice day here in Maine. Kids are off to their first day of summer camp. Each year I say I am not putting them in camp the day after school gets out but they beg me! They love the two teachers that run the camp (it's only 4 days long) and I guess it eases them in to summer vacation. So next week will be the first week I have them home with me all day and we can start doing some really fun things. So I am going to go sit by the pool and enjoy some last moments of quiet! And tan this white body. Tan fat looks so much better than white fat! At least on me! I always say I am a sand and palm tree girl living in a snow and pine tree world!

Have a good day!
    Hugs.
    Diana from Maine
  • angelic843
    angelic843 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    So, moral of the story is, it's never a straight shot. There will always be obstacles in our path, but if we just ran right through that forest, imagine the beauty and discoveries we would miss? Ponder on that for a bit......TREE!!!

Love! <3:flowerforyou:
  • angelic843
    Options
    Maryellen, keep it up! You are doing great things for your health!

Last night I had a bit of a binge situation. But, I logged it and moved on...

I need to prepare myself for later nights now that I am out of school. Maybe some chopped veggies I can eat for late night munching.

I did however, see a drop of 1.6 on the scale today...hopefully i can get a little bit more in for Fridays HBD challenge weigh in...need to lose 3lbs per week to hit that target.

In other news, I bit the bullet and did some eccentric strength training this morning. Me and my 20lb dumbbell spent some quality time together! The only thing I am holding off on is the squats...I just do not trust my knees yet. I cannot believe how much stronger my right arm is than my left arm! Here is the youtube link for anyone interested...they are meant to be done once per week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ2F0FYcVsU

Have a great "on plan" day everyone!

Angie
  • whatsallthisthen
    whatsallthisthen Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    One of my goals this summer is to establish a exercise routine, something I don't hate, but more important, that I can stick to.

**But I'm so lazy you guys. Just pure lazy. I don't know how to get over it. **

I know I feel better after. I have some moderate difficulty-yoga videos I 'like' but last night I just sat on the couch and did absolutely nothing. The TV, computer, and mat were there in front of me, but I put it off in increments until it was 11 pm.

I have less problem going out on weekends and for special events and hikes, but this schedule thing?

Lord help me.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    **waves** Don't have time to stop in and write my normal book, but wanted to let everyone know I am indeed still alive... May check in laters. Happy Tuesday, everyone. C
  • IlluminatedMayhem
    Options
    Does anybody know if every fruit can be frozen? Its been hot the last couple of days so we haven't been cooking much and we love frozen treats. I know berries, peaches, mango, melon and bananas can be. But what about apples, oranges and pineapple? Or kiwi?
  • PatrickB_87
    PatrickB_87 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Hi Karen thanks,

It definitely wont put me off and I don't feel defeat, just rudely reminded. I know have to decide if I will go for a bike ride or start C25K today.

A good day all around, just sore as heck. Thankfully the muscle roller has helped manage the stiffness and soreness a lot.
  • blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    I really do not know where the day went. Work blew by yet I did absolutely zero work. Had a brief meeting that was totally jacked, so that doesn't count. Baby girl is sick again so just sad about that. Scheduled a doctor appt for her in the morning if she is not better. Calories are horribly low but I just don't care. I will probably finish off the last chicken breast and more cheese and call it good. I think it is the heat and kind of sick of eating period. I've hit the 6 week week mark where you are no longer ravenous and it is sometimes easier just to say screw it, I'll just go to bed. Not a good combo for a night eater. Just tired.

Goal is to keep trying to eat more during the day and come up with new fun things to try.
  • Macrelmar
    Macrelmar Posts: 49
    Options
    Guilt, Shame, thats just a couple of the feelings i'm having. Why, I made homemade chocolate sauce, and sent the hubby to the store for ice cream. (is it ok to mention particular foods here, if not so sorry)

I get on here tonight to log my food and check in. I read all your posts and was so grateful and happy to see the posts and encouragement that you all have sent my way. You've made me feel welcome and like I belong. Thank you for that.

I feel like I not only let myself down but all of you too. You're so dedicated and seem to have so much determination.

I'm going to let go of the guilt and shame,and do the "next right thing" when I wake up tomorrow.

I will be getting on the elliptical again tomorrow, it's progress for me. Tonight I'm grateful for all of you and for the inspiration you are giving me by hearing your daily progress, strengths and struggles.

Maryellen in Florida
  • angelic843
    Options
    Maryellen, we've all been there...and realistically, we will probably all be there again.

I just try to remind myself that no matter how bad my food diary looks...it isn't near as bad as the damage I did when I didn't hold myself accountable at all.

Chin up love!

Angie
  • PatrickB_87
    Options
    Does anybody know if every fruit can be frozen? Its been hot the last couple of days so we haven't been cooking much and we love frozen treats. I know berries, peaches, mango, melon and bananas can be. But what about apples, oranges and pineapple? Or kiwi?

As fruits as fruits go, not really (I wouldn't freeze a whole coconut but I imagine thats not an issue). Obviously if you freeze and then thaw the texture of most of the fruits will be changed as the ice crystals destroy the cell structure of the fruits (same reason you don;t freeze veg that is mostly water). But if you are eating frozen or blending then it wont matter. I wouldn't put a whole water mellon in the freezer, but would applaude the effort. You could cut them up into pieces and freeze but i wouldn't defrost as the texture would be mush. Apples, oranges, pineapple and kiwi would all be fine. I wouldn't recommend eating the orange defrosted for the same reasons.
  • PatrickB_87
    Options
    Ending my day with a little jump roping and a turkey meatloaf sandwich.