Ring Resizing Due to Weight Loss

Options
spara0038
spara0038 Posts: 226 Member
Hey everyone!

Just curious- Have any of you had to get your engagement ring resized due to weight loss? I'm thinking I may have to since the ring keeps on sliding around on my finger (it keeps on twisting around so the diamond is on the palm side of my hand) :ohwell:

How long does it take to get it resized? I'm getting married in December (21st!!), so I've got about 6 months to go and I'm still trying to lose at least 7lbs more to get to my first GW of 120lbs. I want to make sure that I have it in time for the wedding, but I want to put off resizing it as long as possible just in case I lose the extra.

(Well... not in case- WHEN I lose the extra! I'm 23lbs down in 4.5 months- 7lbs in 6months is certainly doable. Positive thinking here, ladies! :drinker: )

Replies

• kvenable8
    kvenable8 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Well done! Your weight loss is inspirational! I've got just under 4 months until my big day (18th October), and another 22lbs to go, so...I've still got my work cut out for me. BUT, my ring is already much looser, and it's been making me a bit nervous that it might fall off to be honest.

With another 20-something lbs to go, I don't want to get my ring re-sized until after I'm a bit closer to my goal weight and so in the meantime I'm using ring snuggies to keep it in place. Depending on the type of ring it is (if it's got diamonds all the way around vs plain metal all the way or at least part), it doesn't have to take too long to get it resized. My understanding is that you'd probably want to give a few weeks turn around time, but I'm not a jeweler. ;)

It's a bit scary because it means if I ever gain weight again (which hopefully won't), it won't fit on my finger! AH! It's a commitment to my new size I guess! :)
  • Tatyanne
    Tatyanne Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'll get married October 5th :bigsmile:

I resized mine last month.
    I had the same problem, diamond on the palm most of the time.
    It took 1 week, maybe 10days.
    I didn't had to pay for it, cause I went to the store were my fiancee bought it, and now I even have it engraved with the date of the proposal :blushing:

Kisses,
    Tatyanne
  • Tatyanne
    Tatyanne Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    It's a bit scary because it means if I ever gain weight again (which hopefully won't), it won't fit on my finger! AH! It's a commitment to my new size I guess! :)

Look it on the bright side , if it starts to feel tight, we will notice, so we will not "fall of the wagon" for to much :happy: