Eating less but putting on more :/

Options
Hello ladies I need help I am so use to doing quick weight loss diet and literally fasting from the things I actually needed in my body, this time I've decided to lose weight over long period of time and eat regularly without out eating the junk although I really have a hard time finding meal plans that add up to 1300 which are time effective ( and money ) so i find my self eating between 900-1100 calories a day like 4/7 days a week. Ive recently weighed myself as I started the focus t25 fitness DVD and I find myself putting on weight rather than losing the weight and I am definitely less calories than usual and cut down on junk food please can anyone give advice on how to lose the weight inStead of gaining.. What's going on with me I'm confused, and any 1300 meal plans for a busy mother, I'm 5'2 177.4lbs if this helps.Thanks

Replies

• samatarhooyo
    samatarhooyo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Your not eating enough calories. Your body is in starvation mode. You have to eat at least 1200 to see any results. Also if you are working out you have to eat back those calories as well.
  • jef6949
    Options
    The response that your body is in starvation mode is so very true. One of the hardest things I had accepting was that you have to eat to lose weight. One thing that helped me to lose and maintain was to make sure I ate enough protein and drank enough water every day. Good luck with your diet plan.
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    It is hard to accept that you need to eat more, but try to think of it this way. While a car runs on a liquid it won't get very far on Kool-Aid, it requires fuel to make everything run. Even 1300 might not be enough, depending on how hard you are working out, but I would try for 1300+ and see how that goes. I cook very simple meals, usually meat and 2 vegetables, for lunch and dinner, I have eggs and fruit for breakfast (1 whole 2 whites). I admit this fall has been hard and I have been indulging more than usual but I have not lost or gained anything. Maybe try working with your macro and getting a balance of the Carbs/Protein/Fats you need. Water is also important I always see a difference when I am getting it in.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    Great advice thus far, and I suggest following it. Basically, you need to eat more. That is obviously easier said than done for you. I recommend adding snacks to your day if you are not doing so already. I'm a big fan of nuts, Greek yogurt, fruit, and protein bars. Snacks make a great way to reach your calorie goal and keep you satisfied while on the go (or right at the house). When I am working in the field or laying around the house, I always have 2 or more snacks at my disposal because I LOVE my snacks. Furthermore, I'm a monster when I get really hungry, and I try to avoid that beast by maintaining a satisfied feeling. :D

Wishing you the best!