Brooke's Introduction

Options
bajohnson00
bajohnson00 Posts: 4 Member
Hello myfitnesspal family!

My name is Brooke and I am a recovering food addict. My abstinent date is January 7, 2014. I joined this group in hopes to meet others like myself. I was bulimic in my 20s (bingeing and exercising like an insane women). Well, the exercising stopped once I became pregnant with my first child in 2009 by advice of my doctor. I gained 50 pounds as I never stopped bingeing. I just kept eating and eating.

I have been a member of the FAA Fellowship (http://www.foodaddictsanonymous.org) since October 2013 and love it! It has helped me a great deal in recovery. I have a wonderful sponsor whom has given me brilliant guidance.

I first admitted that I was powerless to my food addiction in late 2013. It took a few relapses to realize that my life was truly unmanageable and that a power greater than myself could restore me to sanity. I've lost close to 40 pounds since October 2013, but I'm learned that the weight was merely a symptom of a greater disease. I am grateful that my Divine Being has led me to this group to share my experience, strengths and hopes. I look forward to chatting with all of you.

Thank you for reading.

Have a colorful day,
Brooke