Regular programs or hybrid programs?

Options
bookworm_847
bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
Hi all! I'm a newbie to the group and glad to be here! I recently finished the Supreme Warrior Calendar in Combat, and almost finished Insanity last year. I had two weeks left and then back injury took me out for a little over a month. After that I had a hard time getting going again, but I'm planning on getting "insane" again in the near future!

Would you suggest going through a program for the first time as it's designed? Or is it okay to go with a hybrid right away?

I recently started Les Mills Pump. I'm enjoying it so far, but don't feel like I'm getting as good of a workout overall as I was when doing previous programs. I ordered P90X at the same time as Pump, and had considered doing a hybrid of the two after seeing a calendar online, but thought I might be missing out on some component of the programs if I did that right away.

Thoughts?

Replies

• Devasation
    Devasation Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    It all depends on your goals. If you want to work on your overall fitness, and maybe build a little muscle in the process, I'd suggest going through P90X , the classic schedule, as it's laid out.

If you want to strictly lose weight, stick with the cardio stuff. P90X does have a "lean" option, but if you want to go that route, you might as well just start Insanity.

Be prepared, though. The original P90X takes up to an hour of your day, at the very least ,and four out of the six days you're looking at an hour and a half.

No matter what you decide, nutrition is 80% of your results. Best of luck.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Thanks.

I'll just go through Les Mills Pump as designed and do P90X as designed next & go from there.