Game Overview and Achievements

Options
daybehavior
daybehavior Posts: 1,319 Member
Game Overview:

EXP: For every 2 lbs you lose you will go up one level! As you go up in levels or unlock perks, you will earn a title next to your name ranging from (for ex.) Daybehavior < the Apprentice> (level 3) to Mr. Love < the Challenge Slayer > (Level 16). However, you may gain new or unique titles through achievements and perks as well.

Things you do in real life and on the forums may have a pleasant impact in this challenge! For example: Welcome four or more newbies in the Introductions forum and you will earn the achievement [Big Brother]
and unlock the Perk "Protector of the Damned"

Eureka.png

Your act of kindness has not gone unnoticed by the higher powers. You gain 15 Karma and will earn 1.5x experience points for the next week.

Achievements: (work in progress)
Many achievements will grant you perks to help you in the challenge. Others will simply be for vanity purposes and/or unlock Meta-Achievements - Gotta collect em all!

Weight Loss Related Achievements:

[Thumbs Up, Soldier!]: attain the highest percentage of weight loss for the week. Unlocks the "Victory Rush" perk and < the Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger > title.

[Oops...I Hit it Again!]: attain the biggest loser title two weeks in a row. Unlocks the "Welcoming Ceremony" Perk

[Drop it Like it's Hot!]: lose 4 or more pounds in a single weigh in. Unlocks "Fast Metabolism" perk.

[Not it!]: stay above the bottom tier for three consecutive weeks.

[OH NO YOU DIDN'T]: lose to the biggest loser position by one pound. Unlocks the "Plus-Size Beatdown" Perk.

[No Weigh!]: don't gain any weight for four consecutive weigh ins. Unlocks the "Chrono Chaos" perk, +1 rep and title < the Bulletproof >

[Down but not Out]: lose less than 4 lbs within four weeks. Unlocks the "Mysterious Stranger" perk.

[Sic transit gloria mundi...]: fall to the bottom tier the week after you were the biggest loser.

[Sic semper tyrannis!]: beat the Overseer in two consecutive weigh ins. Unlocks the title < Honorary Overseer >

[Meteoric Rise]: bounce from the bottom tier to the top within the next weigh in. Unlocks "Resilience+" perk.

[What the Flux?]: land in three different tiers in three consecutive weeks. Unlocks "Russian Roulette" perk.

Forum / Game Related Achievements:

[He Had Won the Victory Over Himself...He Loved Big Brother]: Spot and follow a command issued by the Overseer planted somewhere in the Perks or Achievements section. Unlocks the "Overseer's Blessing" perk.

[Friendly Face]: post a short introduction about yourself with your initial weigh in. This limited time achievement will grant you one level.

[Sympathetic Resonance]: respond to five or more posts in the Motivation and Support Forum or three blog entries. Unlocks "Good Vibrations" perk.

[Jet-Setter]: respond to a post in five different forums. Unlocks the "Diplomat" perk and prefix. Achieving this perk along with [Big Brother] will grant the [Ambassador] prefix.

[Wired and Fired Up]: log in at least five days during the week. To gain credit for this achievement, edit your original post for the week with [x] I have completed [Wired and Fired Up]

[Beyond the Rubicon]: taunt two or more of your competitors at the Hero's Enclave.

[OH HO HO!, You Got OWNED]: beat BOTH of the competitors you taunted during the week.

[Semper fidelis]: weigh in every Monday for four weeks.

[Dr. Foodlove, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Gym]: post 3 or more entries in the Hero's Enclave. In addition to what you ate, you must also post your exercise for the day. No need to post everything, just the gist of your food and exercise. Unlocks "Overseer's Blessing" perk.

[Et tu, Brute?]: utilize the Darkside of a perk.

Meta-Achievements:
[Someone To Watch Over Me]: Your caring and protective nature warrants reciprocity and you are granted the prefix of [Lightbringer]. Additionally you gain the "Starlight Angel" Perk. Complete the following achievements -
[Big Brother][Friendly Face][Jet-Setter][Not it!][Semper fidelis][Sympathetic Resonance][He Had Won the Victory Over Himself...He Loved Big Brother] In addition, you must have Very Good Karma.

[The Loyal Subject]: You are hopelessly devoted to the Overseer and gain the title < der Untertan >. Additionally, you gain the perk "Courage Today, Victory Tomorrow" perk. Complete the following achievements - [He Had Won the Victory Over Himself...He Loved Big Brother]x2, [Wired and Fired Up]x2, [Drop it like its Hot!], [Semper fidelis] and four quests.

Replies

• chism21
    chism21 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Overseer's command: Four of the achievements listed below are united by a common theme.

They are all about posting
    [Friendly Face]: post a short introduction about yourself with your initial weigh in. This limited time achievement will grant you one level.

[Sympathetic Resonance]: respond to five or more posts in the Motivation and Support Forum or three blog entries. Unlocks "Good Vibrations" perk.

[Jet-Setter]: respond to a post in five different forums. Unlocks the "Diplomat" perk and prefix. Achieving this perk along with [Big Brother] will grant the [Ambassador] prefix.

[Wired and Fired Up]: log in at least five days during the week. To gain credit for this achievement, edit your original post for the week with [x] I have completed [Wired and Fired Up]

by the way I'm missing 50 silver from Side Quest: Enclave Basic Training
  • daybehavior
    Options
    Ah sorry about that! Fixed now.

As for your answer, I will accept that because I wasn't very specific. However, there is something within the achievement names themselves that links to a certain someone or something ^_-
  • nicca_jb
    nicca_jb Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    Duhhh.. this took me a moment, lol. I was like, "Latin? OH RIGHT."

[Thumbs Up, Soldier!] is Captain America
    [Sic transit gloria mundi...] .. Marvel Noir! (Deadpool, Cable)
    [Sic semper tyrannis] is The Incredible Hulk
    [Semper fidelis] is another (short) Marvel series (well, it's "Semper Fi")

You *could* also include the Rubicon in this list, but it's not exactly "Beyond the Rubicon" - there's an Uncanny X-Men and a Nightstalkers both called "Crossing the Rubicon"...

:flowerforyou:
  • JunonSailorStyle
    JunonSailorStyle Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    *puts on reading glasses*

These are all references to Julius Caesar! The Et tu brute made it too easy.

[Sic semper tyrannis!] -- purportedly uttered after his death
    [Beyond the Rubicon] -- Crossing the Rubicon Caesar incited war with Rome
    [Et tu, Brute?] -- duh
    [Sic transit gloria mundi...] -- glory fades

---
    Overseer Edit: Yeeeesss!!!! Caesar's Rubicon in New Vegas was the Colorado River I guess you could postulate.
  • daybehavior
    Options
    Right you are Mr. Petrelli. You made this old history geek super happy ^_^

Layla. I dig your "Marvel"ous interpretation, so I'll go ahead and add it for you as well.
  • JunonSailorStyle
    JunonSailorStyle Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I demand extra credit for making the Overseer happy inside >:-D
  • nicca_jb
    nicca_jb Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    Right you are Mr. Petrelli. You made this old history geek super happy ^_^

Layla. I dig your "Marvel"ous interpretation, so I'll go ahead and add it for you as well.

D'aww, and here me, a history major, thinking history was too obvious. LOL! I'll take the reward anyway!
  • daybehavior
    Options
    Y'know they say great minds like to over think ^_-