Starting again after a break?

Options
Samenamenewlook
Samenamenewlook Posts: 296 Member
I apologize in advance if you all have already answered this question... I just didn't find it after looking through previous posts for a while.

After 8 weeks of consistent SL 5x5 training I took a 4 week break. I won't give you excuses for that, the important thing is I'm ready to get back in there. I'm guessing I shouldn't pick up where I left off, but I definitely don't think starting all over would be appropriate either.

Any suggestions?

Replies

• krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    A month shouldn't be too bad of a drop. I'd say 15-20% of the weight you were at just to be comfortable. (ex. if you were doing 100 lbs squats for a comfrotable 5x5, drop to 80-85 then work your way back up). You'll catch up within two weeks :)
  • Samenamenewlook
    Options
    A month shouldn't be too bad of a drop. I'd say 15-20% of the weight you were at just to be comfortable. (ex. if you were doing 100 lbs squats for a comfrotable 5x5, drop to 80-85 then work your way back up). You'll catch up within two weeks :)

Ok, will do. Thanks so much!
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options

I agree with the other poster but see how it goes.
    If the 80# feels too heavy, adjust down further. I wouldn't adjust up if it feels too light though
  • Samenamenewlook
    Options

I agree with the other poster but see how it goes.
    If the 80# feels too heavy, adjust down further. I wouldn't adjust up if it feels too light though

Thanks!