Fibro and Diet

Options
Has anyone had any luck easing symptoms by managing what you eat?

Replies

• MeRoHa
    MeRoHa Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I have seen a big improvement in the frequency of flares of my fibro since starting my weight loss journey last July. I have really tried to keep my daily sugars under the maximum suggested on most days and have tried to really reduce the amount of wheat in my diet. I used to have frequent bad days of pain with fibro fog, but have not had any major ones in months. I do have some moments of problems with my short term memory but nothing like was happening before I got very strict with my nutrition. I also take daily herbal supplements that were recommended for arthritis/muscle skeletal pain.
  • MonicaJumper
    Options
    I literally just started a couple days ago, but here is what I am doing:
    Less sugar
    Less refined grains
    Less processed food
    No soda
    No coffee
    Lots of leafy greens
    Lots of other veggies
    More whole grains
    More fruit
    Eat smaller meals more frequently
    Include nuts and seeds daily
    Incorporate wheat germ and flax seed into my daily intake
    More water
    Logging my meals
    Drinking decaf green tea and chamomile

I did a lot of research into controlling inflammation with food, and this is what I came up with.

Hope my post helps!
  • Thezestiest
    Thezestiest Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I DO think that eating less processed junk in general does help a bit.
  • ddkphotos
    ddkphotos Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    What supplement?
    I have seen a big improvement in the frequency of flares of my fibro since starting my weight loss journey last July. I have really tried to keep my daily sugars under the maximum suggested on most days and have tried to really reduce the amount of wheat in my diet. I used to have frequent bad days of pain with fibro fog, but have not had any major ones in months. I do have some moments of problems with my short term memory but nothing like was happening before I got very strict with my nutrition. I also take daily herbal supplements that were recommended for arthritis/muscle skeletal pain.
  • vpsorrels
    vpsorrels Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have less migraines since I gave up artificial sweeteners. I now use Stevia in my coffee and real sugar in my tea. No more diet sodas or sugar free products either. It has made dieting a challenge though. I do feel better since the change.
  • vpsorrels
    vpsorrels Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Awesome weight loss.