Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Whats up with my Body % ????

I am 5’4 and I bought a scale that measures body fat and muscle, I currently weigh 138 I use to weigh 128 but I am toning and getting way more muscle now and it told me I had 34% body fat???? And 48% water and 48% muscle. I want to understand this and use this scale but I just don’t seem to understand, Should I ditch the scale or get another one, I want to stay informed about my body and health!

Replies

• Banana891
    Banana891 Posts: 5
    If you really want an accurate way to track body fat, buy an accu measure caliper. I usually get wildly different numbers on scales. I personally don't trust them to measure body fat. You can get one on ebay for like $9.
  • Julieelliott12
    Julieelliott12 Posts: 68 Member
    I agree with Banana891. The scales are shooting a pulse (not harmful) into your body and reading what comes back. Not always the most accurate. Body Calipers are really good if you want to be specific. The only problem that I find people having with calipers is that you have to have a very steady hand and be able to apply the same amount of pressure for each different spot. I have gotten 2 pairs for free from bodybuilding.com as the free gift when you order. Or get a measuring tape. Those work well too if you are not sure about the calipers.