Bad Breath Bandit

Options
homerismyhero
homerismyhero Posts: 204 Member
So....one not so nice side effect from surgery is that I've become the Bad Breath Bandit. I see coworkers flinch when I talk to them, and slowly step away. My daughter tried to roll the windows down in the car during a rainstorm "for some fresh air", and a "friend" informed that it smelled "like you ate a **** sandwich for lunch"....I've started using Listerine breath strips during the day in addition to my usual brushing/ rinsing. I hear this is common with very low calorie diets. Has anyone else been banned from close talking due to funky breath? Anyone have it go away at some point?:embarassed:

Replies

• sue100194
    sue100194 Posts: 129
    Options
    The culprit for me was Unjury protein. That stuff made my mouth smell and taste terrible. I had to quit using it for the safety of my friends and family. LOL
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    You are in ketosis so your breath and sweat will be like a carnivore. Water and sweating it out helped me the most. Eat a spoonful of Greek yogurt at every meal and see if that helps balance out some of the funk. Mine abated after I had lost 30 lbs. wt loss slows a lot after that.
  • homerismyhero
    homerismyhero Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I never tried Unury protien, but I do notice I'm more offensive after Isopure- it must be the carnivore stink! I've noticed some serious SBD's as a result of the protien diet as well, but at least those I have a little more control over. I eat a lot of greek yogurt, it's part of my daily intake, but I still stink. Hopefully it will abate soon, and I'm kind of done with the Isopure.
  • katematt313
    katematt313 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Drink lots and lots of water! If you do have ketosis breath, the best way to ameliorate that is to make sure you are completely hydrated.

If that doesn't work, maybe see the dentist. Losing weight does weird things to your body. This could be a strange dental issue that has arisen for you. I think that your dentist can Rx a special mouth rinse to help with your halitosis.