New to Crossfit gym

CaroleC2B
CaroleC2B Posts: 29 Member
Hi Ladies,
My name is Carole. After an introductory visit on Tuesday I made the daunting decision to join CrossFit gym near my house. I am 63 years old and have a LOT of work to do. :) I am trying to figure out how to record my exercise on the MFP site. I do mostly modified exercises. I literally crawl to a box to get up off the ground after abmat sit ups with the coach helping me! I am hoping someone here can give me guidance on logging the exercises to MFP.
Thanks!
Carole

Replies

• missyeagen146
    missyeagen146 Posts: 4 Member
    I also have a problem with that. I can log the lifts that we do like squats, presses etc but not the actual wod.
  • Jelymu81
    Jelymu81 Posts: 18 Member
    Hi,

I log my WOD's in sections. Im not sure how your box does their programming, but I assume its similar to every other where its broken into a warm-up, strength/conditioning, WOD, and cool down.

I break up my log in just the same (I usually omit the warm up, unless its a long row or run)

I log the strength portion as "Strength Traning" for however long it takes to do your 5x3 Back Squats, Deadlifts, etc for the day.
    I log the WOD under "High Endurance" or "Cross training."

It's not exactly accurate, but its nearly impossible to calcuate. FRAN for instance, might only take you 5 minutes but you'll be burning calories for 2 days after. It's a guess-timate. I try and make sure at least 400-500 calories are counted on Crossfit days.

PS - I still crawl out of the box most days and its been nearly 6 months. :) Dont give up, its supposed to challenge you no matter what your fitness level is!
  • pattyresko
    pattyresko Posts: 1 Member
    When I first started, I had a heart rate monitor that measured calories as well. It would usually range from 600 to 800 calories per class--beginning to end. I was 165 and 5'2" if that helps you with comparison.
  • Curlychip
    Curlychip Posts: 292 Member
    That sounds more like what it felt like than 302 which MFP gave me!
    Ive got a long way to go too!